Oxford Street stab victim recovering in hospital - but 'language difficulties' slowing inquiry
A man who suffered stab wounds in an attack in the city centre is improving in hospital.
Police say the victim is recovering since the incident in Oxford Street.
A police spokeswoman said inquiries were proceeding slowly because of "language difficulties".
She said: "We can say he is improving in hospital."
The incident on Friday was the latest in a number of unconnected stabbing incidents in recent weeks in Leicester.
It happened outside a block of student flats next to the Bowling Green public house.
Read more: Man taken to hospital with stab wounds after assault in... read more
- 09:35 Brid’s a dry UK destination
- 09:35 Final moments of YouTuber’s life revealed before he was shot by...
- 09:35 Mohamed Salah ‘perplexed’ by reports he’s set to walk out on...
- 09:32 Meera Sodha’s recipe for vegan salted date caramel biscuit slices
- 09:31 Person airlifted to hospital after serious two-car crash near Grantham
- 09:31 Live updates as police cordon off Carr Lane outside New Star pub
- 09:31 How well do you know your fictional bookshops? – quiz
- 09:29 Nabil Fekir: Lyon president gives MAJOR update on Liverpool talks...
- 09:29 Council agrees to mediate in village dispute over rose garden
- 09:29 Hartlepool MP votes for Parliament to have final say on Brexit deal
- 09:29 Hartlepool council slams ‘complete inadequacy’ of special needs...
- 09:29 Babies’ day out for feast contest in village
- 09:29 Statues to legendary film directors and seaside regeneration...
- 09:29 Theft, assault, fraud and threatening behaviour: Hartlepool...
- 09:28 Deadly explosion hits Ethiopia rally for new prime minister
- 09:28 Do you want to live beside the seaside? Sandbanks and Salcombe...
- 09:28 Papa John’s pizza giant to open first shop in Sunderland
- 09:28 The most breathtaking infinity pools in Europe
- 09:27 Edinburgh-based Vialex in growth mode
- 09:25 Quorn linked to dozens of potentially fatal allergic reactions as...
- 09:25 Holyrood won’t approve Brexit bills until ‘broken’ devolution...
- 09:25 The Yorkshire 'chimney' that's the tallest folly in the world
- 09:22 Explosion at rally for new Ethiopian prime minister
- 09:20 It’s bloomin’ lovely... but will judges agree? the judges agree?
- 09:18 Fresh plans to revamp vandal-hit shopping precinct to be submitted...
- 09:17 Cat Deeley and Patrick Kielty welcome second baby boy and reveal...
- 09:16 US military plans migrant tent camps amid Trump crackdown
- 09:15 Everlast gym reveals it will open at Leicester's new Sports Direct...
- 09:13 Latest news from Border Archaeological Society
- 09:13 Lincolnshire County Council wants to hear about your childcare