Owner of care home where Ivy Atkin stayed before her death had three criminal convictions
A coroner has questioned how a care home boss was able to run the business where pensioner Ivy Atkin lived before she died – even though he had three criminal convictions.
Stephanie Haskey, assistant coroner for Nottinghamshire, flagged up her concerns about the running of Autumn Grange Care Home, in Herbert Road, Sherwood Rise, as she concluded Mrs Atkin was unlawfully killed.
Prior to her death, Ivy Atkin was severely dehydrated and lying on a bed soaked in urine and with a large, open, pressure sore at the base of her back. Medical records showed she had lost a stone and a half in the... read more
- 13:35 Thieves steal £3,000 of Lego in Poole and Bournemouth raids
- 13:35 PICTURE SPECIAL: A fun day out for all the family at Stewkley’s...
- 13:35 Charlie Gard's parents urge judges to reverse court decision
- 13:35 Manchester attack: Homeless man rushes to help, cradles dying woman...
- 13:35 Floyd Mayweather believes Conor McGregor fight is a contest fans...
- 13:35 Manchester attack: Take That cancel concert 'out of respect'
- 13:35 Chelsea confirm transfer deal: Ace will be at Stamford Bridge next...
- 13:35 Kettering mayor’s charity tributes to former deputies
- 13:34 Royal Oldham in armed lockdown
- 13:34 Historic school celebrates 300 years of education
- 13:34 Islamic State claims responsibility for Manchester Arena terror...
- 13:34 Concert mum: 'I just focused on getting my daughter to safety'
- 13:33 Inquest into Drayton Manor schoolgirl death adjourned
- 13:34 Barbaric
- 13:34 'Wonderfully eclectic' exhibition at the British Motor Museum
- 13:34 Man taken to Queen's Medical Centre with serious injuries after...
- 13:33 Manchester bombing: Don't shield kids from the truth about terrorism
- 13:33 Ross McCormack could still have a future at Aston Villa - this is why
- 13:33 Manchester Bombing: Kind-hearted strangers raise £180,000 for victims
- 13:33 Manchester attack: Homeless man rushes to help, cradles dying woman...
- 13:33 Theatre review: Music is Torture
- 13:33 Real Madrid news: Ex-striker details transfer plan for Swansea's...
- 13:31 Nuneaton General Election candidates reveal their views on fox hunting
- 13:32 Married Morris dancer jailed for sexually abusing girl, 12, while...
- 13:32 Lord Mayor of Chester condemns ‘heinous attack’ in Manchester
- 13:31 Drayton Manor schoolgirl Evha Jannath's inquest adjourned
- 13:32 Johnston Carmichael lifts partner count to 57
- 13:32 'This was an appalling attack': Northants police chief condemns...
- 13:32 12 children under 16 are among Manchester terror attack injured
- 13:31 Why you shouldn't share this Manchester terror attack rumour about...