Owner of care home where Ivy Atkin stayed before her death had three criminal convictions
A coroner has questioned how a care home boss was able to run the business where pensioner Ivy Atkin lived before she died – even though he had three criminal convictions.
Stephanie Haskey, assistant coroner for Nottinghamshire, flagged up her concerns about the running of Autumn Grange Care Home, in Herbert Road, Sherwood Rise, as she concluded Mrs Atkin was unlawfully killed.
Prior to her death, Ivy Atkin was severely dehydrated and lying on a bed soaked in urine and with a large, open, pressure sore at the base of her back. Medical records showed she had lost a stone and a half in the... read more
- 17:45 How do you solve a problem like debt? Your questions answered
- 17:45 Louth woman Reta celebrates her milestone 100th birthday
- 17:45 Protect your unborn baby this winter with a free flu jab
- 17:44 Mum woken up by sound of car crash rushes out and finds daughter dead
- 17:43 Sexual abuse victim of former Bishop of Chester speaks out
- 17:42 'Strong connections needed' says Cumbrian MP who narrowly retains...
- 17:42 Thugs target Barrow cars as tyres slashed on more than 10 vehicles...
- 17:42 Domino's pizza shop sex couple spared jail
- 17:41 Maribor vs Liverpool FC: All you need to know
- 17:41 Investigation launched into suspicious white powder found in Melbourne
- 17:41 Meet the Player: Ryan Goldston (Ruthin Town)
- 17:41 Police searching for missing Derby pensioner find body in River...
- 17:41 Man Booker Prize: Winner of £50,000 award to be announced
- 17:41 Man Utd eyeing £35.6m swoop for Espanyol left-back Aaron Martin -...
- 17:41 COLUMN: Why asking for ‘PP’ leaves me feeling flushed!
- 17:41 Bjork elaborates on sexual assault claim
- 17:40 Nando’s is getting rid of its original veggie patty and frankly, I...
- 17:40 Ex-Garstang Mayor's scouts HQ proposals scrapped
- 17:40 Garstang turns orange for third year running
- 17:39 Charter Fair returns to Ilkeston packed with family fun
- 17:39 Five out of seven puppies stolen from Derbyshire found
- 17:38 Madagascar characters to come to Birmingham in new stage musical
- 17:37 Backlash from headteachers over schools funding should be 'wake-up...
- 17:37 Protect your unborn baby this winter with a free flu jab
- 17:37 Expert panel identifies unacceptable toll of food and farming...
- 17:37 Taxi 'shot at with BB gun' while in city, driver says
- 17:36 MARILLION play a majestic show without fear as band and fans bring...
- 17:36 Five out of seven puppies stolen from Derbyshire found
- 17:35 ‘It’s the last straw’: Lincolnshire tigers prefer underfloor heating!
- 17:35 England star Jonny Bairstow considered quitting cricket to play...