Overnight bags help relatives at Burton's Queen's Hospital
Relatives who have to make an unexpected stay overnight at Burton's Queen's Hospital will now be given a bag of essentials to help them through the experience of spending the last few hours with a loved one.
Funded by the Burton Rotary Club, which has donated £750 towards the scheme over the last few years, overnight bags are filled with toiletries and handed to those who are at the bedside of a family members just hours from death.
Dr Pamela Choudhury, a consultant in palliative medicine at the hospital thanked the rotary club for its donation.
She said: "The hospital palliative care... read more
- 10:29 'Please let me lay him to rest' Grieving sister issues burial plea...
- 10:28 Yorkshire cycle scheme helping young and old
- 10:28 Ripon shop burglary: CCTV image of suspect
- 10:26 Knight’s Days - the Life at Westminster column with MP Sir Greg Knight
- 10:26 Blackpool South MP’s concern at sharing of student’s data
- 10:26 World record bid at Blackpool music event
- 10:26 Amelia’s Americana sound is unplugged
- 10:26 Fylde Coast GPs will not offer hayfever remedies
- 10:26 Hundreds turn out for charity Big Toddle at Blackpool Zoo
- 10:25 Man Utd fans praise Ashley Young for crashing Harry Kane’s England...
- 10:25 Love among the ruins: Park Hill exhibition to reopen Sheffield gallery
- 10:25 TV’s Chris Beardshaw unveils his stunning new garden at Mount Grace...
- 10:25 Christa Ackroyd: Why I am proud to say I am adopted
- 10:25 The 'flying circus' tragedy: When two children were killed by a...
- 10:24 The next big parenting trend is giving your baby a Spanish name
- 10:23 Watch out for these fake texts about your mobile phone bill
- 10:23 The 'flying circus' tragedy: When two children were killed by a...
- 10:22 Return of the scarecrows to Doncaster village
- 10:21 Blackpool conference centre in sales team drive
- 10:21 Temperatures set to soar to 26C across Bucks
- 10:21 Bargain loving James opens Wyre estate agents
- 10:21 Police rescue 'suspected illegal immigrant' who hadn't eaten for...
- 10:19 Mysterious ‘crashed UFO’ on Mars ‘could have formed in...
- 10:19 Men will still beat up women whether England win or lose and it...
- 10:19 EU vote today could could ban memes and ‘destroy the internet’
- 10:19 Watch out for these fake texts about your mobile phone bill
- 10:19 Live: Suspects in court after allegedly holding knife to baby's...
- 10:18 EXCLUSIVE: Sheffield Hallam University students fined nearly 13,...
- 10:18 Dan Evans not handed Wimbledon wildcard
- 10:18 Hundreds expected to attend funeral of tragic Doncaster doorman who...