Over HALF of Britons determine if they are fit by looking in the MIRROR
And 51 per cent of the population would only change their day-to-day lifestyle if they had a serious warning from their GP, the research found.
The study exposed UK adults’ misguided approach to health monitoring which appears to be based on us assuming we are fine as long as we look all right.
In fact the survey found that men are more likely to check their credit score or their car’s oil level than go to the GP with nagging health concerns.
Shockingly, 10 per cent of UK adults are ignorant of their weight, height, waist measurement and body mass index.
The survey of 1,000 adults,... read more
- 00:03 Campaigners call for Trump rival to rethink Highland course
- 00:03 Chief medical officer calls to improvements in cancer care
- 00:03 Police officer took charge of firearms incident ‘from home’
- 00:02 West Ham manager Slaven Bilic must stop his side's Premier League...
- 00:02 The 50 best young players in European football... Sportsmail...
- 00:01 Rugby league and swimming given £10m lottery grant
- 00:01 Devin Townsend Project
- 00:01 Hidden history revealed
- 00:01 Southgate accepts ‘fairytale’ loss at the hands of Germany
- 00:01 Fallen police officer to be honoured at Charlton
- 00:01 Hamilton: Ferrari are F1 ‘favourites’
- 00:01 The party of the crony capitalists
- 00:01 Osborne’s appointment is a crisis for democracy
- 00:01 Archaeopteryx takes to the skies
- 00:01 Don't Give Way To Hate
- 00:01 Thousands bid farewell to Martin McGuinness
- 00:01 Chile: 33 Pinochet agents jailed for communist deaths
- 00:01 US: Black politicians raise concerns with Trump face-to-face
- 00:01 Faith leaders label outrage ‘a perversion of Islam’
- 00:01 Mini workers plan another demo to save retirements
- 00:01 Contestants finally leave Channel 4’s Eden to discover show has...
- 00:01 Knowledge of family justice rules is ‘patchy’
- 23:56 ALEX BRUMMER: The bell tolls for Co-op Bank - 'the main interest of...
- 23:55 Teenage pregnancy rates reach lowest level on record
- 23:55 'Super-obesity' required factor in some cases before weight loss...
- 23:55 MP told to apologise over failure to declare interest in telecom firm
- 23:55 29 charged in child sex abuse probe
- 23:55 British mother appears in Rwanda on state secrets charges
- 23:55 Man shocked at road rage accusation after he tried to help trapped...
- 23:55 3D technology brings anti-slavery campaigner William Wilberforce...