Outdated microchips could lead to dogs being put down
0 Have your say Dog owners are being urged to ensure their microchip details are up-to-date, or face having their pet put to sleep if they stray.
The charity Dogs Trust has released its annual Stray Dog Survey which showed that 6,667 stray dogs in the central area, which includes the East Midlands, were not claimed by their owners and left in council kennels between 2015 and 2016.
And ten per cent of these face possible destruction because the owners haven’t updated their microchip details.
Overall the number of stray and abandoned dogs in the central area fell by 17 per cent from 18,327 in... read more
- 15:13 Falling oil prices push petrol prices down
- 15:12 Shooting, rape charge and killer Emma strikes: 10 Emmerdale...
- 15:12 Boy, 11, killed in horror rail depot electrocution named
- 15:12 Plans to downgrade stroke services at Nuneaton's hospital revealed
- 15:12 Tributes paid to father-of-three killed in crane accident on...
- 15:12 Pictured: Sparkhill Imam facing extradition on terror charges had...
- 15:12 Another Harry Potter film marathon weekend is planned for Birmingham
- 15:12 Hate crime on trains will not be tolerated
- 15:12 How Theresa May's DUP deal gives Northern Ireland 18 times as much...
- 15:12 Birmingham City transfer rumour: Emmanuel Mbende linked with...
- 15:11 Yorkshire weather: Wet and windy but good news for the weekend
- 15:11 Brighouse woman stars in new animated DFS summer advert
- 15:11 Leeds United and cycle gear frim to raise funds for flood hit...
- 15:11 Two babies, a wedding and a funeral - readers' stories of the Toon...
- 15:10 Wings of Eagle eyes double Derby delight with Epsom winner set to...
- 15:10 Brighouse woman stars in new animated DFS summer advert
- 15:10 Leeds United and cycle gear frim to raise funds for flood hit...
- 15:09 Disabled puppy's inspiring tale to be shown on The Supervet tonight...
- 15:07 VOTE: Notts still supports smoking ban 10 years on
- 15:07 Attempted murder victim ran over by Mercedes, chased and then...
- 15:07 Cops hunt man after 27-year-old left with serious injuries in...
- 15:07 Farmers to help shape future of agriculture
- 15:06 Remembering Tank, who was an ‘inspirational father’
- 15:06 Holy Island pilgrimage to be held
- 15:06 Shakespeare set to music by five fools
- 15:06 Tesco urges watchdog to speed up probe
- 15:05 Hebburn high rise building to be used for fire training exercises
- 15:05 Rail bridge is new home for Hucknall community artworks
- 15:05 Michael Ball loved every second of gig in Scarborough "monsoon"
- 15:05 Jobs in Notts on offer now that pay more than £30k a year