Outdated microchips could lead to dogs being put down
0 Have your say Only one in 10 UK dog owners saw updating their pet’s microchip when moving house as a priority - which could see their animal being destroyed if it strays.
More than 4,700 stray dogs couldn’t be reunited with their owners due to outdated chips, according to animal charity Dogs Trust.
A total of 37,283 dogs were left languishing in local authority kennels in the 12 months to March 2016 - and one in eight were there simply because their microchips had not been updated by their owners.
Dogs Trust’s annual survey of local authorities also found that 3,463 stray dogs had been... read more
- 16:35 Update: Two further arrests made in connection to Dalton axe assault
- 16:35 Sellafield firefighters vote for industrial action
- 16:35 Ulverston town councillor steps down due to 'too much politics'
- 16:34 Pupils and staff mark 50th anniversary of Princethorpe College
- 16:33 London Pride Parade 2017: Route, start and finish time, bus route...
- 16:33 Facebook to tackle online extremism and hate speech in new initiative
- 16:33 Man jailed after trying to import child-like sex doll into UK...
- 16:33 Europe faces Herculean challenge to develop new fighter jet
- 16:33 ‘He was my life’ - widow tributes to the ‘Cleveleys Cowboy’
- 16:32 Rangers and Celtic supporters clash over new Ibrox kit deal and...
- 16:32 Has hot newcomer Tyla turned Kem's attention away from Amber?
- 16:32 Sicily's cornered Mafia primed for reversal of fortune
- 16:32 Dean Gaffney gets road ban for refusing to say who drove his...
- 16:31 'I saw the fear in my mum's eyes': Daughter joins campaign for...
- 16:31 TrumpWatch: It’s all over for Ossoff
- 16:31 Cumbrian volunteers sought for migraine device trial
- 16:31 Plan for 22 homes in West Cumbrian village set to get go-ahead
- 16:31 Asda swimming costume showing Disney's Little Mermaid topless is...
- 16:30 Police appeal to find registered sex offender wanted in connection...
- 16:29 The Tube is getting a fabulous Pride make over to support...
- 16:28 Appeal for witnesses after unprovoked assault in Leamington
- 16:27 Trump casts doubt on special counsel Mueller's impartiality
- 16:27 Bootle man defends himself with umbrella after being attacked by...
- 16:27 Cladding to be removed from NINE Salford tower blocks after...
- 16:27 VIDEO: Everything you need to know about Snapchat's new location...
- 16:27 No end to terror threat says county's chief constable
- 16:26 If EU shirks bad bank, then national blueprints needed, watchdog says
- 16:27 CCTV picture released after alleged Rotherham sexual assault
- 16:26 EU promises tough line on U.S., China while pushing for free trade
- 16:26 UK weather: Temperatures to plummet as Britain will be colder than...