Outdated microchips could lead to dogs being put down
0 Have your say Only one in 10 UK dog owners saw updating their pet’s microchip when moving house as a priority - which could see their animal being destroyed if it strays.
More than 4,700 stray dogs couldn’t be reunited with their owners due to outdated chips, according to animal charity Dogs Trust.
A total of 37,283 dogs were left languishing in local authority kennels in the 12 months to March 2016 - and one in eight were there simply because their microchips had not been updated by their owners.
Dogs Trust’s annual survey of local authorities also found that 3,463 stray dogs had been... read more
- 15:21 Melton variety night show raises over £900 for Rainbows
- 15:20 Troll says he’s ‘glad’ former Man City ballboy, 19, died from cancer
- 15:19 We don’t want to alarm anyone, but they’ve invented a bacon toaster
- 15:19 This young couple saved up to travel the world by giving up their...
- 15:19 Asda go the extra mile with 10k support
- 15:19 Well known jeweller was a real gem of a lady
- 15:19 Top shots from the Masters by snooker’s finest
- 15:19 One in, one out: Manager confirms Chelsea arrival means ace is leaving
- 15:18 Proggy mats set for American adventure
- 15:18 The future is bright for Hartlepool United under Dave Jones - Sam...
- 15:18 Manchester United goalkeeper De Gea explains why he's excited
- 15:17 Pokemon Go RIVAL Pokemon Duel gets SHOCK release on iPhone and Android
- 15:17 HSBC's Huddersfield branch survives closures
- 15:17 Oscars 2017 nominations SNUBS: From Amy Adams to Deadpool
- 15:16 Muslim campaigner backs Catholic school which banned...
- 15:16 New Mitsubishi SUV to be unveiled at Geneva Motor Show 2017 - pictures
- 15:16 Twitter backlash as Trump signs anti-abortion law in one of first...
- 15:16 French plaits, Barbie’s boyfriend and Olly Murs songs - things only...
- 15:16 Dundee boy's balloon flies 370 miles to Banbury
- 15:16 Young Gers pegged back at death
- 15:15 Premier League players with most games unbeaten after debut - who...
- 15:15 1,061 fewer teachers in Nottinghamshire by 2019, thanks to...
- 15:15 Why haven't Manchester United FC had as many penalties as their...
- 15:15 Sheffield MP calls for better online education in schools
- 15:15 Green Party announces its Copeland by-election candidate
- 15:15 Pendle unemployment slashed by over a third since 2010
- 15:15 Get your geek on at Kettering’s new Comic Con
- 15:14 Liverpool striker: This is how I can end our poor run of form
- 15:13 You’ll soon be able to climb a wall of genitals
- 15:12 Trump 'to advance controversial pipelines'