'Out of control' dog attacks child in vet's waiting room
A dog has bitten a nine-year-old child in a veterinary surgery after being “dangerously out of control.”
The Bichon Frise cross punctured the child’s leg in a waiting room of the surgery in Springfield Way, west Hull, meaning the dog must now be muzzled in public, following a court appearance by its owner.
Carol Barker, 52, of East Ella Drive, pleaded guilty to allowing her dog to be dangerously out of control, in a court appearance on Wednesday.
However, magistrates were happy that the dog did not pose a danger to the public so no immediate destruction order was required.
Read More The... read more
- 12:25 Yorkshire hotel named one of Britain's most romantic
- 12:24 How next week’s cold weather could affect your mobile phone
- 12:23 Mercedes chief reveals why Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas could...
- 12:23 Roger Federer: Dubai Tennis Championship appearance in doubt as...
- 12:23 Pendle in bid to breakaway from Lancashire County Council
- 12:23 Victims of bungling robber speak of their ordeal
- 12:23 Time for a little horse therapy
- 12:23 Spurned teen armed himself with bat and went to attack love rival
- 12:23 Arsenal to take on AC Milan in last-16 of Europa League
- 12:22 Leaders defend decision to increase council tax again in Hartlepool
- 12:22 Yorkshire hotel named one of Britain's most romantic
- 12:21 Councillors feel CCTV is solution to concerns over youth shelter
- 12:21 Prison recycling scheme to help homeless people
- 12:21 Blackpool pub to re-open after council purchase
- 12:21 Club rallies to help war memorial repair
- 12:21 From dental nurse to electrician, there are plenty of jobs...
- 12:21 Stephen Fry recovering from prostate cancer surgery
- 12:21 Village school celebrates reaching gold standard
- 12:21 Film Of The Week Cold comfort farm
- 12:21 'I am sorry I love you all' Heartbreaking final message from young...
- 12:20 Argos jewellery experts coming to Birmingham to help Mother's Day...
- 12:20 West Brom team news update includes the latest on Kieran Gibbs,...
- 12:20 Why changes are coming to Birmingham City's summer transfer...
- 12:20 Grantham Museum to lose its famous bouncing bomb exhibit
- 12:20 Pendle in bid to breakaway from Lancashire County Council
- 12:20 I am struggling with dating since leaving a conservative religion
- 12:20 Gritters are prepared for cold snap
- 12:20 A tea towel and cash among the things stolen from Carlisle home
- 12:20 Watch mass brawl break out at Headingley bar
- 12:19 What happens to your baby in the first hour of their life?