Original 1926 Winnie-the-Pooh map to be auctioned
The original illustrated map of The Hundred Acre Wood, which featured in the opening pages of A.A. Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh, is to be auctioned.
Described by Sotheby's Dr Philip Errington as "probably the most famous map in English literature", it will go on sale with four other illustrations.
The E.H. Shepard images have not been seen in public for nearly 50 years.
They are estimated to fetch between £310,000 and £440,000 when they go on sale at the auction house in July.
The map illustration was first sold by Sotheby's in 1968, where it fetched £650, before the auction house sold... read more
- 16:37 'My escape from the hell of North Korea' - Bury-based refugee...
- 16:36 Fire breaks out at car window tinting business
- 16:36 Confusion reigns over fate of detained migrant children
- 16:36 The return of the Blackpool Belle and the story behind the song
- 16:36 Bank holiday if home nation reaches World Cup final
- 16:35 High Peak Magic Circle gets ready for Buxton Festival Fringe
- 16:35 Shooting gets underway on new film at Hartlepool's Headland
- 16:32 Five of the best dog-friendly hotels in Scotland
- 16:31 Car overturns in crash on busy south Liverpool road
- 16:31 Drug cops on the trail of 'dangerous' MMA star who could be in Dubai
- 16:31 Carlsberg factory worked died ‘almost instantly’ after ammonia gas...
- 16:31 Harborough Energy co-operative launches crowdfunding initiative
- 16:29 Whitehaven crash between car and scooter causes long tailbacks
- 16:26 How to get cheap tickets at the Edinburgh Festival and Fringe
- 16:26 Trying to be tech savvy
- 16:24 Nick Kyrgios puts on serving masterclass to take Kyle Edmund out...
- 16:24 Irrfan Khan: Bollywood actor flooded with support after cancer letter
- 16:24 Philadelphia Phillies fan injured by flying hot dog launched by...
- 16:24 What does womp womp mean? What Corey Lewandowski said on the US...
- 16:22 Police concern for woman missing from Sutton
- 16:21 Adolf Hitler’s Nazi cutlery goes on sale for £1,000
- 16:21 Here’s where you can seek support if you have learning disabilities
- 16:21 Family’s plea to legalise medicinal cannabis for their epileptic son
- 16:20 Alzheimer's link to herpes virus in brain, say scientists
- 16:20 Warning issued over bogus recycling bins
- 16:20 See what changes have been made at Coventry Airport
- 16:20 Arsenal news: Unai Emery names five 'untouchable' players to build...
- 16:20 Premier League done deals: Every confirmed transfer so far in the...
- 16:20 Schools answer rounders quest
- 16:20 New baby joy for Leeds family a year after bed share death tragedy