Orbital rocket blasts off on space station cargo run
An unmanned Antares rocket owned by Orbital ATK Inc blasted off from Virginia on Monday with a cargo ship for the International Space Station, marking the booster's return to flight two years after a previous version exploded at liftoff.
The 14-story-tall rocket, powered by a pair of new Russian-made engines, lifted off from Wallops Island, Virginia, at 7:45 p.m. EDT (2340 GMT), a NASA TV broadcast showed. Launch was delayed five minutes to give the team extra time to review their checklists, Orbital President Frank Culbertson told reporters.
"It’s such a feeling of elation to see the... read more
- 09:42 Every player will get their chance in pre-season, says Grimsby Town...
- 09:42 UK growth estimate revised down
- 09:42 Boston Borough Council AGAIN reveal car registrations after...
- 09:41 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:41 Northumberland Livestock
- 09:41 Grand finish to 'The McCoys' this afternoon as Warwick prepares to...
- 09:41 Transfer news LIVE: Latest from Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea...
- 09:40 Net migration falls 84,000 in 2016
- 09:40 Chelsea line-up predicted: Antonio Conte faces dilemma ahead of...
- 09:40 Donald Trump to have shaky meeting with EU in ‘hellhole’ Brussels
- 09:39 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:39 Bradley Lowery 'doesn't have long left to live', heartbroken family...
- 09:39 Star Wars Last Jedi: Supreme Leader Snoke SHOCK news as his part in...
- 09:39 Pokemon Go Rock-type event end time: LAST CHANCE to catch Adventure...
- 09:39 Have Nottingham researchers found new treatment for diabetes patients?
- 09:38 Tate & Lyle profit jumps on weak sterling
- 09:38 Fighting corruption, Ukraine starts to judge its judges
- 09:38 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:37 Theresa May accused police of ‘scaremongering’ over spending cuts
- 09:37 Pigeon gets tiny backpack to smuggle drugs
- 09:37 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:37 Neighbour from hell repeatedly played Stayin’ Alive and Sweet Dreams
- 09:37 'I will honour those lost by living each day full of joy' Ariana...
- 09:37 Council investment campaign puts PR firm on awards list
- 09:35 Extra trains from West Yorkshire to London for Huddersfield Town fans
- 09:35 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:35 Manchester terror attack: Further arrests made this morning
- 09:34 Rio Ferdinand believes Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick could stay...
- 09:33 Minute's silence at Chesterfield Town Hall to remember Manchester...
- 09:33 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims