Opposition view: McCarthy thought open game would suit Ipswich Town against Burton Albion
Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy was confident that an open game against Burton Albion would result in victory for his side. The Tractor Boys and Albion - level on 14 points heading into the Championship clash at Portman Road - shared no fewer than 28 chances across the 90 minutes, with the Brewers fashioning 18 attempts as they produced a dynamic first-half display.
Mick McCarthy oversaw his Ipswich Town side defeat Burton Albion 2-0 at Portman Road
Playing in a slightly altered 3-4-1-2 formation, Nigel Clough's side dominated large passages of the first half and could - and perhaps... read more
- 17:21 Blackmailer guilty of making man's life "hell"
- 17:21 Lorry and car collide on Bramshall Road
- 17:21 Glider pilot's inquest opens
- 17:21 Louth man (31) to face rape trial next month
- 17:19 Gardener’s appeal after thieves steal van
- 17:18 Tragic star Savenaca Koroibulileka’s wife and sons attend memorial...
- 17:18 It’s beginnning to look a lot like Christmas in Bourne
- 17:18 Ex-Swiss banker goes home after U.S. loses extradition from Germany
- 17:18 Departing Gregory hails ‘brilliant’ Stratford Town supporters
- 17:17 Drivers spend 11 hours stuck in Castle Street traffic jams in one...
- 17:17 University ‘tells gay student to keep quiet after classmates tell...
- 17:17 How Nokia and Motorola mobile phones are among classics selling for...
- 17:17 New road signs proudly welcome visitors to Hull UK City of Culture
- 17:16 Marcus Rashford will be a centre-forward, says Manchester United...
- 17:16 Police capture convict hiding under van
- 17:14 Breast cancer drug ‘unfairly blamed’ for side effects
- 17:12 Burlington School’s brush with success in art competition
- 17:12 Scots GPs warn rising workloads may affect patient care
- 17:11 Bomb disposal team to carry out explosion on Walney
- 17:11 Exclusive - Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense:...
- 17:10 Sky receives takeover approach from 21st Century Fox
- 17:10 Residents urged to secure properties following thefts
- 17:10 One of Cumbria's worst-hit communities reunites after the floods
- 17:09 David Seaman picks a stunning dream Arsenal five-a-side team: Who...
- 17:09 Tens of thousands of homes without water due to burst main
- 17:09 Boston United appoint Adam Murray as new manager
- 17:08 11 good deeds that have happened in Nottingham this week
- 17:08 Christopher Biggins on the Theatre Royal and why Nottingham panto...
- 17:07 'Altercation' reported at Uttoxeter's Christmas Cracker
- 17:07 East Midlands funk, soul and reggae band By the Rivers to play...