Opinion: Walk this way to avoid trouble
0 Have your say As a lifelong swaggerer I have long been aware that a walk says a lot about a person.
We all know those who scurry, amble, mince and even drag themselves from A to B and will occasionally comment on somebody else’s gait, sometimes to the point of extracting the Michael.
It is quite simple really: if a chap walks like he is carrying an imaginary telly under each arm the he is clearly somebody not to invite to the local book club.
But it now appears that, like everything else, the way we walk, could be used against us in future.
Scientists (yes them again) have conducted the... read more
- 10:04 Pilot hurt in gyrocopter crash on the edge of Cumbria
- 10:02 What should you do if you think your neighbours are smoking cannabis?
- 10:01 'Two men unconscious' in mass brawl with weapons in Cleethorpes
- 09:59 Teacher says sorry I kicked pupil up the backside - but "it worked"
- 09:59 You had one job! Comical photos from around the world capture what...
- 09:59 General Election build-up LIVE: Sunday politics updates including...
- 09:58 Chelsea to offer star man £150,000-a-week deal: He could be at...
- 09:58 Kate and Gerry McCann will do "whatever it takes for as long as it...
- 09:57 Organiser, Oracle, Elephant, Maverick, or Steady Eddie ... which...
- 09:57 Five things which newcomers to Derby just won't get at first
- 09:56 The church column with Rev David Everett
- 09:56 Super date for Jim Jones’ latest manifestation
- 09:54 Locked up in April: A look back at the criminals jailed in the city
- 09:53 Mystery of carving on wall at castle prison
- 09:50 Quad bike driven at police officer on Leeds landfill site
- 09:50 Four-year-old boy dies in serious collision in Leeds
- 09:48 One hour free parking in Oakham
- 09:47 Driver of Seat Ibiza killed in fatal early morning crash in Washington
- 09:47 Gem TV: Iranian CEO Saeed Karimian shot dead in Istanbul
- 09:46 'Tony Blair may be mistaken to say Theresa May will be next PM',...
- 09:46 National NHS pledge after deaths of two Cumbrian patients
- 09:46 Here's what Alan Hutton thinks about Aston Villa fans wearing masks...
- 09:45 Weather for Furness, Millom and the South Lakes - Sunday April 30
- 09:45 Recipe: Tortilla pizza
- 09:45 Wave of success for engineering team after awards win
- 09:45 Chelsea make offer to land Barcelona ace: Real Madrid also keen
- 09:45 Barnsley 1 - 1 Burton Albion - the verdict: the Brewers confirm...
- 09:44 Watch Madeleine McCann's parents in heartbreaking interview as they...
- 09:42 First Elizabeth Line Crossrail trains appear ahead of launch...
- 09:40 Twenty years on, Tories finally get a taste of revenge