Opinion: It's madness to consider fighting Russia in the skies over Aleppo
Thousands have died in the Syrian city of Aleppo. They are victims of bombing by Syria’s armed forces and Russian warplanes.
But the city was once known for its bustling nightlife.
It’s not that different to Birmingham or London. It could be us, and our families, living in terror in the rubble.
More than 150 people were killed last week as the Government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad attacked rebels. He’s backed by Russia, which has launched a bombing campaign targeting markets, hospitals and homes.
It’s natural to want to stop this. But some politicians appear to have lost their grip... read more
- 13:29 Fury at loss of South Ribble pub’s car park
- 13:29 Man dies after medical emergency on M6 near Preston
- 13:29 'Crazy' pair spotted clinging to bus
- 13:29 Man arrested after 'he threatened woman with knife' at Preston...
- 13:29 Pair sought after Morecambe petrol station robbery
- 13:31 This plant at Asda could stop snoring - and it is being sold in...
- 13:29 Morecambe nursery suffers break in
- 13:30 Woman, 31, denies drugs offence after body found in Carlisle street
- 13:30 Plea to “better off” Sheffield pensioners to donate fuel payments
- 13:29 Renewed appeal by police after woman injured in Morecambe...
- 13:29 North east Derbyshire plane crash ‘unsurvivable’ say investigators
- 13:28 Pizza boxes, crisp bags and light bulbs: here’s what NOT to recycle
- 13:29 Lancashire court listings - Monday, November 20, 2017
- 13:29 Delays on M1 after three vehicle smash
- 13:29 Are you guilty of sending inappropriate emails?
- 13:28 Police warning over cold calls from bogus bailiffs
- 13:29 Police probe into death of Alfreton student continues
- 13:29 UK house price trends: how Preston compares with the rest of the...
- 13:29 Independent shops: how to get ahead on Black Friday
- 13:28 VIDEO: Police raid traveller sites, including one near Harborough,...
- 13:29 63-year-old man abused three girls in Derbyshire
- 13:28 What are the last Christmas posting dates for International Airmail?
- 13:28 WATCH: Banned Royal Mail TV ad ‘too scary’ to be aired
- 13:29 VIDEO: Bad driving in Derbyshire caught on camera
- 13:28 Loud snorers more at risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease says...
- 13:28 Aldi and Lidl recall snacks over allergy fears
- 13:28 Revealed: Top 50 bugbears of motorists from lane hoggers to...
- 13:29 Money saving tips for families ahead of Black Friday
- 13:28 Check your loose change - you could have a 50p worth hundreds in...
- 13:28 Independent Desborough group claims landslide victory in maiden...