Opinion: Derwent Valley Trust Cycleway would be a breath of fresh air for the county
Derby architect, cyclist and chair of the Derwent Valley Trust Derek Latham believes that a cycle route along the Derwent Valley could transform the area between Derby, Matlock and Chatsworth while enabling riders to avoid the busy and dangerous A6.
Look at any map of cycleways in Britain and at its heart is an obvious gap.
There is no safe route along the Derwent Valley from Derby to connect to the High Peak Trail at Cromford or the Monsal Trail north of Matlock .
This route traverses the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site which, as the cradle of the Industrial Revolution, changed... read more
- 00:36 How we will know if North Korea really 'denuclearises'
- 00:36 Ben Makuch of Vice takes on police in Supreme Court
- 00:36 Grenfell Tower: Bereaved to speak at inquiry into blaze
- 00:30 Who is Tom Markle and why isn’t he walking Meghan down the aisle?
- 00:29 Defence secretary unveils strategy to protect UK satellites
- 00:27 Drax Power Station says pilot scheme could make it 'carbon negative'
- 00:24 US weighs plans to curb Chinese investment
- 00:24 'I found my call in life at that airport'
- 00:24 UK's clean car goal 'not ambitious enough'
- 00:24 Banking by mobile app 'to overtake online by 2019'
- 00:24 Motability boss's pay 'unacceptable' say MP committees
- 00:23 Pepe's story: How I survived Spanish flu
- 00:20 Blackpool nurse helps reduce A&E visits from a group of ‘frequent...
- 00:18 Health services overloaded despite support pledges, claims report
- 00:14 Sudoku 4065 easy
- 00:14 Minor drug users 'should not be charged'
- 00:06 Blackpool nurse helps reduce A&E visits from a group of ‘frequent...
- 23:45 Debenhams job cuts and store closures likely after disappointing sales
- 23:33 Labor's internal fight over refugee policy heats up with Ged...
- 23:23 Vegas Golden Knights miracle run lives on as they make Stanley Cup...
- 23:20 Patricia Morison, star of Broadway and Hollywood, dies aged 103
- 23:15 Arsenal set to confirm Mikel Arteta as new manager this week
- 23:12 Brendan Rodgers: ‘Trophies are brilliant but there’s a constant...
- 23:12 Paul Gustard’s move to Harlequins may hurt England’s World Cup...
- 23:05 May to pledge millions to AI research assisting early cancer diagnosis
- 23:05 May backs AI research to cut cancer death toll by 22,000 within 15...
- 23:01 Luis Enrique SNUB: Why Arsenal and Chelsea have opted against manager
- 22:57 Ironbridge duck sculpture thrown in river
- 22:56 Wildfire spreads across Arthur’s Seat in Edinburgh
- 22:52 Boris Johnson: we want a deal with the EU, not a customs backstop