Open day hopes to attract teachers for county
People interested in a career in teaching are being urged to attend an open event at the National College on October 18, to boost Nottinghamshire’s falling trainee teacher numbers.
The reduction in available good quality teachers nationwide has led to a debate highlighting the struggle that schools are facing to recruit, one which experts say is leading to an expensive overuse of supply teachers.
Last year’s applicant numbers reported a healthy response from neighbouring counties, but uptake numbers from Nottinghamshire was mysteriously low. This under recruitment to the teaching profession... read more
- 13:21 Aston Martin RapidE to spearhead zero-emissions push
- 13:20 Yoga trapeze gets off to a flying start in Sheffield
- 13:19 Can you legally drive barefoot or in flip flops? This is the law
- 13:19 The cashpoint celebrates 50th birthday - here are 50 facts you need...
- 13:19 Monarchy to get big taxpayer pay rise - are they worth it?
- 13:19 Cristiano Ronaldo rethinks Real Madrid exit and Gareth Bale faces...
- 13:19 Police seek owners of items found at South Yorkshire service station
- 13:18 Airbus unveils futuristic helicopter which can fly 250mph - but is...
- 13:18 Drive My Bessa-carr and You Haxey Thing - Yorkshire water urges...
- 13:18 £6,000 donated to robot appeal to thank life-saving neurosurgeon
- 13:17 Burton Albion fans can buy their priority memberships from the club...
- 13:16 NHS staff celebrate after winning two national awards
- 13:16 Aberdeen complete Greg Stewart loan deal as Birmingham City striker...
- 13:16 Plunge in UK confidence hits Debenhams, adds to slowdown fears
- 13:16 How Man City player Aleksandar Kolarov has become the club's great...
- 13:15 UPDATE 1-Russia's Sistema faces $255 mln dividend shortfall - analysts
- 13:15 French parliament opens in test for Macron's many novice lawmakers
- 13:14 'It's Trump's hair!' Bizarre feathery critter spotted in Brazil...
- 13:14 Newly discovered and endangered: The Blue-winged Amazon parrot has...
- 13:14 Hector Bellerin next? 13 players Arsenal sold too soon
- 13:14 At least 42 Isis prisoners killed in air strike on jihadi-run jail...
- 13:14 Unbelievable moment bus ploughs into man but he walks away
- 13:13 Teacher at Sunderland school wins lifetime achievement award
- 13:13 Harry Redknapp's transfer warning to Birmingham City rivals
- 13:13 Reports: Birmingham City target to join Everton
- 13:12 Volvo's driverless cars 'confused' by kangaroos
- 13:12 Huge shoe find reveals what life was like for Romans in Northumberland
- 13:12 Calls for better training at Ayrshire Maternity Unit after six...
- 13:12 £6,000 donated to robot appeal to thank life-saving neurosurgeon
- 13:11 Thousands of Aintree hospital patients may have to go to Broadgreen...