Opec states urged to cut oil output as Russia joins deal
THE International Energy Agency (IEA) urged Opec nations to rapidly implement production caps yesterday after Russia agreed to come in on the deal.
Russian President Vladimir Putin, whose country is the largest oil producer outside Opec, gave the pledge at the World Energy Congress in Istanbul on Monday.
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro welcomed the Russian commitment, saying: “Petroleum producers, Opec members should reach an agreement and should work for the stability of the petroleum industry.
“We have to continue insisting on this strategy of a new energy alliance for the world.”... read more
- 10:59 Justin Timberlake to headline Super Bowl halftime show 14 years...
- 10:59 Two taken to hospital after car crash
- 10:58 Egypt disputes reported death toll from desert shoot-out
- 10:58 Motorcyclist suffers leg break after Kingstanding crash
- 10:58 Thirty firefighters tackle 1.15am blaze in Edward Road, Balsall Heath
- 10:57 Gunpowder review: 'Explosive stuff, but sometimes too nasty to watch'
- 10:57 Have you seen missing Sarah?
- 10:57 Sheffield staff help raise £40,000 for children’s hospital extension
- 10:57 Dry and mild with patchy rain
- 10:57 Sheffield Wednesday news: Carlton Palmer demands Carlos Carvalhal...
- 10:56 PICTURES: Redbrik Chesterfield Half Marathon 2017
- 10:56 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:56 North East Chemists chain sold to Milton Keynes firm
- 10:55 Bank of America Merrill Lynch fined £35m by UK watchdog
- 10:55 Fylde coast bank staff in charity drive
- 10:55 Thousands call for use of metal detectors at Liverpool clubs after...
- 10:55 ‘Anxious’ Theresa May begged Jean-Claude Juncker for help at Brexit...
- 10:54 Police receive reports from residents 'terrorised' by hissing...
- 10:53 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:53 North East Chemists chain sold to Milton Keynes firm
- 10:53 Neymar says his controversial red card for PSG was unfair
- 10:53 Typhoon Lan video: HUGE waves batter Japan as deadly storm leaves...
- 10:53 Private hospital operator Spire Healthcare rejects £1billion...
- 10:53 George Clooney desperate for ‘women to feel safe’ as he urges a...
- 10:53 Shane Richie teases that shock EastEnders affair that was planned...
- 10:52 Plan reflects Blackpool club’s changing fortunes
- 10:52 Fylde MP wants spring start for new link road
- 10:52 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:52 Government health officials slam star Calvin Harris for claiming...
- 10:51 Khabib Nurmagomedov’s next fight seemingly revealed by Joe Rogan