OPEC chief says severe contraction of investment poses threat to oil supply
A sharp contraction in investments poses a threat to global oil supply, Mohammed Barkindo, secretary-general of the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, said on Monday at the World Energy Congress in Istanbul.
He said oil investments were projected to contract 22 percent this year and that next year was looking bleak.
OPEC officials are embarking on a flurry of meetings, starting with the gathering in Istanbul, to nail down details of their deal to cut production agreed last month in Algiers.
(Reporting by Rania El Gamal; Writing by Nick Tattersall)
- 15:10 The Gaitn Inn may be off the beaten track in Millington, but it’s...
- 15:10 The play-off 'lottery' is a myth - and Aston Villa must now prove...
- 15:09 Sir Mo beats the heat to post British record at London Marathon
- 15:09 Ed Sheeran reveals new details about his next album
- 15:08 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:07 Shock number of Cheshire businesses connected to organised crime...
- 15:07 Banking royal commission: Labor asks Turnbull for compensation scheme
- 15:07 Peak District tourism business workshops to push new marketing project
- 15:07 Club tropicália: the mesmerising power of Brazilian art
- 15:00 Thierry Henry wants Arsene Wenger to be remembered for 'changing...
- 15:00 Arsenal supporters pay tribute to departing manager Arsene Wenger...
- 14:58 Peak District tourism business workshops to push new marketing project
- 14:54 Arsenal issue update on Mohamed Elneny after Arsenal star appears...
- 14:54 Scots carer slept in grit bin overnight after ferry cancelled
- 14:54 Ronnie O'Sullivan storms back against Stephen Maguire to avoid a...
- 14:53 Chris Froome salbutamol case expected to be resolved before Tour de...
- 14:52 PICTURED: Dramatic images of spectacular lightning over Yorkshire
- 14:52 Suffragettes ride out for parity in cycling
- 14:52 Missing Hornsea couple may need medical help
- 14:52 A Lancashire man has died after being pulled from water in the Lake...
- 14:50 Motorway closures after 'serious collision' near Wigan
- 14:49 Killer whales seen in river Clyde
- 14:49 Windrush: Corbyn says PM ignored immigration policy warnings
- 14:47 London Marathon 2018: Katie Price is cheered on by supporters as...
- 14:45 Labour to seek local support for £250bn 'regional renaissance'
- 14:44 The club who could come calling for Arsene Wenger this summer -...
- 14:44 Why West Brom's late rally and denial of Liverpool was particularly...
- 14:43 Eliud Kipchoge wins men’s London Marathon as Mo Farah comes third
- 14:40 Review of ‘crucial’ flood alert system
- 14:40 On The Beat column: The latest police news for Pocklington and...