Only one in 25 reported rape cases in Nottinghamshire lead to conviction, figures suggest
Only one in 25 rape reports in Nottinghamshire result in a conviction, according to new figures.
Police-recorded data and figures from the Crown Prosecution Service reveal that there were 788 rapes reported in Nottinghamshire in 2015-16 - but only 32 people were convicted of the crime.
The low number of convictions is due in part to the fact that only 49 people were charged with rape in the county last year.
However, this still means that more than a third of prosecutions for rape in the area were unsuccessful.
Read more: Train fare dodger ordered to pay more than £200
Nottinghamshire... read more
- 13:29 Can too much sugar cause NIGHTMARES? Bizarre myths believed by...
- 13:28 Aldi is now selling its own luxury Thai curry kits for £1.39
- 13:28 Fans accuse EastEnders of 'copying' Coronation Street
- 13:28 Premier League predictions: Super computer calls this weekend’s...
- 13:28 Tip charges set to start at county's recycling centres
- 13:27 Terrorist who tried to blow up plane with underwear bomb now suing...
- 13:27 Nottingham Forest boss Mark Warburton looking forward to 'tough...
- 13:27 Wigan child abuser’s jail term slashed by five years
- 13:27 Mum’s agony is over as her son 's ashes finally return
- 13:26 Nicola Sturgeon admits citizen’s income plan might not work
- 13:23 Which roads, bus and cycle routes have been awarded Government cash
- 13:23 Wetherby road reopens ahead of schedule
- 13:23 Shocking photos show scene of devastation after staff injured in...
- 13:23 Watch: Moment police arrest would-be suicide bomber who asked...
- 13:23 MP Jess Philips 'appalled' after Labour colleague filmed saying 'on...
- 13:23 Tories must seek new leader now, says donor Alexander Temerko
- 13:22 Residents in county urged to help young homeless
- 13:22 Decontamination complete at former Chester petrol station
- 13:21 Carpet store plan for former Grantham Kontak social club
- 13:21 Livingston FC blog: The hard work is paying off
- 13:20 11-year-old boy with Down’s Syndrome lands first modeling job as...
- 13:20 Kodi box 'fully-loaded' device trader to be sentenced
- 13:20 Brat Pitt's 'new girlfriend' Ella Purnell speaks out over dating...
- 13:20 Euromillions results: Tonight's winning numbers for Friday October 20
- 13:18 Woman banned from keeping animals after leaving dog with...
- 13:18 Man arrested after death of 80-year-old woman in Kirkby
- 13:17 Huge hole left in house after car smashes into it as family ate...
- 13:17 'Distinctive' jewellery and car keys stolen in Northampton home...
- 13:17 Two men wanted in connection with fuel theft from Northampton garages
- 13:17 Juan Mata Common Goal project adds Alfie Mawson and Charlie Daniels