ONE YEAR ON: How has the 5p plastic bag charge benefited Sheffield charities?
0 Have your say Charities and community groups in Sheffield have received more than £80,000 since the 5p charge for single-use plastic bags was brought into force for stores with at least 250 employees one year ago.
Since most of the big supermarkets pledged to donate money raised from the charge to local charities, the environmental impact isn't the only reason the plastic bag rule has been good news for Sheffield.
- 13:00 QUICK QUIZ: The week in questions
- 12:59 Pamela Anderson puts on brave face following public Tommy Lee fight
- 12:59 New apprenticeship scheme launched for young people in Warwick...
- 12:58 Teenager on driving test crashes car through examination center
- 12:58 Coventry University will expand again - with new £29m engineering...
- 12:58 Group court action launched for students to claim compensation...
- 12:57 Getting older does NOT make you wiser, claim scientists: Take the...
- 12:57 Tragic skeletons of Chimu child sacrifices who had their hearts...
- 12:55 Depressed people who stop exercising see their symptoms worsen in...
- 12:55 Doctors successfully separate conjoined twins following grueling...
- 12:55 What is hypersexual disorder and how does it affect you?
- 12:55 Sport Relief and Red Nose Day drop celebrity-fronted appeal films
- 12:55 Woman spends half a million to look like Kim Kardashian
- 12:55 Ambulance abuse note woman evicted from Tunstall home
- 12:54 Leyland's crown green bowlers to meet with South Ribble Council...
- 12:54 Whaplode woman’s dog escaped and injured female victim
- 12:54 Bike share snub to Stratford firm prompts anger
- 12:52 Take a look inside a car that costs £1,560,000
- 12:51 Fire near care home in Market Harborough
- 12:51 Pair take path to theatres career
- 12:50 Alexandre Lacazette may be OFFLOADED: Former Arsenal forward makes...
- 12:49 Police close down two Blacon houses linked to crime and anti-social...
- 12:49 How gym owner saved Roadhouse rock venue from burning to the ground
- 12:49 Police plan ring of steel as Football Lads Alliance set to descend...
- 12:48 Derbyshire Dales council issue new free parking badges for households
- 12:48 Town council defends rise in council tax for people in Raunds
- 12:48 Carlisle policewoman's £75,000 target to help beat terminal cancer
- 12:48 Congestion clears after tree falls onto A590
- 12:48 Public meeting called over Millom dog fouling
- 12:47 Newcastle Falcons v Northampton Saints: Tom Vickers' match preview