One-size-fits-all cure for the common cold on its way
0 Have your say A cure for the common cold could be on the horizon, according to new research.
Experiments on mice and monkeys have found dozens of different viruses can be mixed together to create a ‘one size fits all’ style jab.
Scientists now hope to try their ‘cocktails’ on human volunteers, which should be possible because they are not dangerous.
The main cause of colds are rhinoviruses, but the problem is there are more than 100 different types, suggesting the quest for an immunisation programme was unrealistic.
It was always felt the human body cannot build up resistance to so many,... read more
- 08:33 Cars torched in arson attacks in South Yorkshire
- 08:32 Donald Trump to stamp his own view on Conservative Political Action...
- 08:32 Sir Patrick Stewart believed he was circumcised for much of his...
- 08:32 Donald Trump's travel ban bid likely to be the hot topic at the Oscars
- 08:31 What’s the point in Ukip?’ Kate Garraway BLOWS UP at Deputy Peter...
- 08:31 Nearly 400 John Lewis jobs to go as firm revamps restaurants and...
- 08:31 Hong Kong stocks slide as resource stocks, weak mainland inflows drag
- 08:29 Armed raiders threatened woman in her own home
- 08:28 Fallen branch partially blocking main road out of Leamington...
- 08:28 Labour leader Corbyn admits failing to get through to voters in...
- 08:28 Man City coach reacts to FA Youth Cup victory
- 08:28 Armed raiders threatened woman in her own home
- 08:27 Newcastle Victoria Tunnel: Take a tour of the tunnel 85ft beneath...
- 08:27 Guess who's back? Eminem to headline Reading and Leeds festivals
- 08:27 Tragic ex-footballer's legacy of life as Shaun Woodburn's organs...
- 08:27 RBS faces NINTH year in the red as annual losses extend to £7BILLION
- 08:27 Pound to euro exchange rate: Sterling stays STRONG despite good...
- 08:26 Engineering firm IMI sees drop in 2017 first-half organic revenue
- 08:26 Witches are putting a spell on Donald Trump at midnight
- 08:25 FOLLOW-UP: Angry reaction over the ‘red phone box saga’ continues
- 08:24 Aston Villa LIVE: Steve Bruce's press conference; Scott Hogan...
- 08:24 Cannabis plants found in police raid in Rotherham
- 08:24 Tributes after legendary local football figure dies
- 08:23 Property expert reveals where in Grimsby and Cleethorpes is best...
- 08:23 Badminton: Double delight for Diane Gillan at Scottish Championships
- 08:22 Here’s how you can cancel your Labour party membership
- 08:22 Challenge of delays in leaving hospital
- 08:21 Lorry driver rescued by Lincolnshire’s Deputy Police and Crime...
- 08:20 Zachary Quinto slams Trump over transgender students at Oscar...
- 08:20 Guus Hiddink on Leicester City’s shortlist to replace Claudio Ranieri