One-size-fits-all cure for the common cold on its way
0 Have your say A cure for the common cold could be on the horizon, according to new research.
Experiments on mice and monkeys have found dozens of different viruses can be mixed together to create a ‘one size fits all’ style jab.
Scientists now hope to try their ‘cocktails’ on human volunteers, which should be possible because they are not dangerous.
The main cause of colds are rhinoviruses, but the problem is there are more than 100 different types, suggesting the quest for an immunisation programme was unrealistic.
It was always felt the human body cannot build up resistance to so many,... read more
- 15:24 Longer beaks in UK great tits 'down to garden feeders'
- 15:24 Airline celebrates first ever all-female flight crew on new plane
- 15:24 What TV channel is Huddersfield vs Manchester United on? Kick-off...
- 15:24 Jose Mourinho gives Manchester United winter transfer window update
- 15:23 Harry Kane's rise will give Tottenham issues says Liverpool FC boss...
- 15:23 Cumbrian £300,000 National Lottery winner revealed
- 15:23 CCTV released after assault on man outside pub
- 15:22 High-flyer Marnie Millard's helping women in Tanzania build...
- 15:22 Orionid meteor shower to light up our skies this weekend
- 15:21 City worker ‘posted fake pictures of colleague to porn sites’ after...
- 15:21 Confused Nazi gets hugged by black man who asks: ‘Why don’t you...
- 15:21 YOUR VIEWS: Belt up or get licence points?
- 15:21 Orionid meteor shower to light up our skies this weekend
- 15:21 Burglars steal several items from Kenilworth home
- 15:21 Police seize suspected hare coursers’ dogs
- 15:21 Warwickshire College Group graduates celebrate degree successes
- 15:20 Orionid meteor shower to light up our skies this weekend
- 15:20 Haunted Halloween mansion in Lincolnshire goes up for sale on...
- 15:20 BREAKING NEWS: 53-year-old man cleared of all charges over alleged...
- 15:19 PNE in Numbers: Barkhuizen going from strength to strength
- 15:18 High Tides - October 21 to October 28
- 15:18 Donald Trump slammed for 'fearmongering' over Islamic terror UK...
- 15:18 Orionid meteor shower to light up our skies this weekend
- 15:17 Wyre councillor did her bit for keep fit day
- 15:17 The Walking Dead season 8: How did the virus start? What created...
- 15:17 EastEnders spoilers: Jane Beale for devastating exit tonight? Her...
- 15:17 Investigation finds water problems in Bolsover ‘caused by a digger’
- 15:17 Connah's Quay out for Llandudno revenge, and the rest of the WPL...
- 15:17 Orionid meteor shower to light up our skies this weekend
- 15:17 The power of public speaking