One library is saved but other buildings need bids
0 Have your say TIME could be running out for more than 60 “white elephant” redundant county council buildings which could soon be put up for sale to the highest bidder.
But while a question mark now hangs over the future of properties such as Fulwood and Bamber Bridge libraries, there was joy in the community of Adlington with the news that Chorley Borough Council is to take over the running of Adlington Library. This is now guaranteed to stay open and be staffed until March 2018.
The Chorley transfer news was announced by the County Council’s Deputy Leader County Coun David Borrow, who... read more
- 20:17 Alcoholic vicar stole £100,000 in funeral fees from church and blew...
- 20:17 Wall Street falls as doubts mount about Trump healthcare bill
- 20:17 More than 200 migrants feared drowned in Mediterranean
- 20:15 Manchester United on brink of completing Antoine Griezmann transfer...
- 20:15 Antoine Griezmann to Manchester United transfer on verge of completion
- 20:13 Snooker stars return to Ricoh for Champion of Champions tournament
- 20:12 Wales gearing up for pivotal World Cup qualifier in Dublin
- 20:12 Alexis Sanchez determined to leave Arsenal, Mesut Ozil offered this...
- 20:12 Chelsea striker's agent asked about client's future: Doesn't rule...
- 20:10 Gareth Bale 'must not hold anything back' against Republic of...
- 20:09 Firefighters called to three car fires across Lincolnshire
- 20:09 Swiss National Bank committed to expansive policy
- 20:07 Mother and son team lacing on gloves for boxing matches
- 20:05 UPDATE: Police are investigating TWO 'incidents' at Birches Head...
- 20:05 Town sign former Southampton defender Thomas on loan from...
- 20:04 Moira Anderson search: No remains found in canal
- 20:03 Major operation underway in Moray after 'suspicious substance'...
- 20:03 Retail Quarter jobs boom
- 20:03 Appeal to trace South Yorkshire owner of stolen rose gold iPhone 6
- 20:02 Manchester United closing in on Antoine Griezmann: Jose Mourinho...
- 20:01 EU regulators to clear Dow and ChemChina deals next week - sources
- 19:58 US healthcare bill: Blow for Trump as House vote delayed
- 19:57 Doctor Who: Peter Capaldi reveals REAL reason he quit BBC show
- 19:57 Sport Illustrated model fell asleep during the 12 hours it took to...
- 19:57 Hollyoaks spoilers: The identity of Leela Lomax’s stalker is revealed
- 19:56 Ackman's Pershing Square Holdings seeks London listing
- 19:55 Hillsborough campaigner Margaret Aspinall receives long-term...
- 19:54 Have your say on developing health services in Lincolnshire
- 19:54 Westminster attack: ‘The business of Parliament has not been...
- 19:52 Wall Street wavers as Trump faces key healthcare vote