One in three adults in Newcastle have had a near miss on the rail network
Almost a third of adults in Newcastle have reported a near miss or accident because they were using their phones on or around trains.
Shocking new figures show that 37% people of people got off the train using their phone and some admitted to using phones at a level crossing.
Level crossings are one of the biggest public safety risks on the railway and these figures are a cause for concern.
Last year there were 73 near misses with vehicles on level crossings across the UK while there were 258 near misses with non-vehicle road users, while four vehicles were hit by trains at level... read more
- 09:57 Super Smash Bros Nintendo Switch update: MORE Wii U games to join list
- 09:57 The splendidly unpredictably world of terrier racing in Yorkshire
- 09:57 Major peas plant plans on edge of the Wolds
- 09:57 Hundreds join Eddie Izzard in fun run to remember Jo Cox
- 09:57 60 high rise buildings in 25 local authorities fail cladding tests...
- 09:56 Man seriously injured after plunging from Tradeston bridge into...
- 09:54 Antonio Conte’s agent reveals Chelsea failed in bid to sign Antonio...
- 09:54 Car fire on motorway
- 09:54 Chelsea transfer announcements on hold: Why Blues are waiting until...
- 09:53 Complete chaos on London Underground after huge signal systems failure
- 09:53 More than 100 pets were poisoned by e-cigarettes in Britain last year
- 09:52 Hero Notts Police dog handler honoured with kennels renaming
- 09:52 June 26, 1917 – So you think fake news and sponsored stories are...
- 09:51 Bill Cosby tour 'not about sex assault'
- 09:51 Extra cheer at town beer run
- 09:51 Brave Bradley gets hero’s welcome on the Yorkshire coast
- 09:51 Alexis Sanchez to Man City: Arsenal's Shkodran Mustafi has 'no...
- 09:51 Organic product recalled due to salmonella contamination
- 09:50 Man dies after A605 crash
- 09:50 Woman ‘sacked for not wearing bra’ while working in pub
- 09:50 Holyrood to probe safety of high-rise blocks following Grenfell
- 09:49 Nestle, Italian bank deal prop up European shares
- 09:48 Hospital holds graduation ceremonies for premature babies leaving...
- 09:48 Former Burton Albion manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink among...
- 09:48 Grantham firefighters tackle car blaze in Barrowby
- 09:48 Grantham fire spreads from rubbish to window frame
- 09:47 GLOBAL MARKETS-Italy bank deal lifts Europe shares, dollar on back...
- 09:46 Man City goalkeeper Claudio Bravo handed boost after returning in...
- 09:44 Tottenham set massive asking price for Harry Kane to ward off...
- 09:44 Aston Villa news and transfers LIVE: Steve Bruce awaits John Terry...