One in six people will get dementia: Number of people who have died with the disease DOUBLES in 13 years
Nearly one in six people have developed dementia by the time of their death, new figures show.
A report by Public Health England shows the number of people who died with dementia more than doubled in 13 years, from 6.6 per cent in 2001 to 15.8 per cent in 2014, the latest year for which records are available.
An estimated 850,000 people in the UK are thought to be living with dementia, with figures expected to rise to one million by 2025, and two million by 2050.
In 2014 there were a total of 73,189 deaths with a recorded mention of the condition.
Experts suspect the dramatic rise is partly... read more
- 17:29 Chelsea complete hat-trick as Diego Costa, Antonio Conte and Pedro...
- 17:29 Marc Diakiese slams ‘weak mind’ of Frankie Perez as flamboyant...
- 17:29 UEFA charge Zorya Luhansk over crowd trouble during Europa League...
- 17:29 First drive: 2017 Mercedes E 350 d
- 17:28 Friends double up their Christmas lights after neighbour calls them...
- 17:28 100 residents & businesses attend flood defence meeting in South...
- 17:27 Ireland says euro fiscal rules constraining its investment needs
- 17:27 Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox bids $14.1 billion for UK's Sky
- 17:26 Boss reveals Chelsea ace has been bombarding him with texts: He...
- 17:25 Van blaze on A483 causes heavy traffic near Welshpool
- 17:23 Police chief calls for minimum pricing on alcohol
- 17:22 Tottenham prepare for Manchester United clash at Old Trafford with...
- 17:22 Manchester United star Paul Pogba gives his shirt to a fan causing...
- 17:21 Blackmailer guilty of making man's life "hell"
- 17:21 Lorry and car collide on Bramshall Road
- 17:21 Glider pilot's inquest opens
- 17:21 Louth man (31) to face rape trial next month
- 17:19 Gardener’s appeal after thieves steal van
- 17:18 Tragic star Savenaca Koroibulileka’s wife and sons attend memorial...
- 17:18 It’s beginnning to look a lot like Christmas in Bourne
- 17:18 Ex-Swiss banker goes home after U.S. loses extradition from Germany
- 17:18 Departing Gregory hails ‘brilliant’ Stratford Town supporters
- 17:17 Drivers spend 11 hours stuck in Castle Street traffic jams in one...
- 17:17 University ‘tells gay student to keep quiet after classmates tell...
- 17:17 How Nokia and Motorola mobile phones are among classics selling for...
- 17:17 New road signs proudly welcome visitors to Hull UK City of Culture
- 17:16 Marcus Rashford will be a centre-forward, says Manchester United...
- 17:16 Police capture convict hiding under van
- 17:14 Breast cancer drug ‘unfairly blamed’ for side effects
- 17:12 Burlington School’s brush with success in art competition