One in seven under-30s plan to use ‘smart drugs’ to boost concentration
0 Have your say One in seven people under 30 plan to use ‘smart drugs’ over the next year, according to new research.
The drugs - such as Ritalin - are popular with students as they are believed to help them stay awake and boost their concentration when revising.
Six per cent of 18 to 30-year-olds had used smart drugs in the last 12 months
But more than double that number (14 per cent) are planning to buy smart drugs from dealers or online within the next year,according to a survey of 1,009 young adults.
Modafinil is the most popular ‘smart drug’ and is a prescription-only drug used to... read more
- 09:10 How well do you know your road signs?
- 09:08 Chelsea Clinton: ‘I’ve had vitriol flung at me for as long as I can...
- 09:08 Woman escapes safely after car catches fire on A590
- 09:08 University of Southern California president quits in gynaecology...
- 09:07 Meet the volunteers of the scenic Keighley & Worth Valley Railway
- 09:07 The artist 'beguiled' by a Yorkshire forest
- 09:07 Doncaster's 'eighth wonder of the world': The house made of sand...
- 09:07 How well do you know your road signs?
- 09:06 Conservatives call for ‘simpler’ parking policy in Sunderland with...
- 09:04 Music review: Nina Nesbitt
- 09:04 Music review: Sparks
- 09:04 Music review: Echo & the Bunnymen
- 09:04 Comedy review: Tim Vine: Sunset Milk Idiot
- 09:04 Theatre review: Sunshine on Leith
- 09:02 7 interior design tips for when your home is the size of a shoebox
- 09:01 Irish abortion referendum: exit polls predict landslide for yes as...
- 08:59 Leamington man on the home stretch for his 56 challenges
- 08:56 UPDATE: M6 closed after smash
- 08:55 Liverpool star Mohamed Salah deserves Ballon d'Or over Cristiano...
- 08:49 UPDATE: M6 closed after smash
- 08:48 Hunt for Audi A3 driver who sped off after fatal crash that left...
- 08:45 James Milner stuns Liverpool team-mates with wondergoal ahead of...
- 08:41 M6 closed after smash
- 08:40 Royal visitor to Banbury chocolate plant
- 08:34 No, having BPD doesn’t make you a bad partner
- 08:34 Liverpool hero reveals how Real Madrid already have upper hand in...
- 08:33 Could Britain’s top tradesperson be from our area?
- 08:28 My secret life as a student Nightline volunteer
- 08:24 WEATHER: A misty and breezy but warm day for Nottinghamshire
- 08:24 A stunning Cornish cove has gone on sale for £2.6 million