One in 20 girls aged 13-15 are seeking emergency contraception
More than five per cent of 13-15-year-old girls in St Helens - or one in 20 - have received emergency contraception from a sexual health clinic in just one year.
Figures released by the NHS today show the area had the highest number of young teens seeking emergency contraception in Britain - with Knowsley, Wirral and Liverpool not far behind.
They were provided 205 times to 13-15-year-olds in St Helens in the 12 months to April 2016.
A total of 5.6% of all 13-15-year-old girls in St Helens were provided emergency contraception by sexual health services.
To put that in context, in the place... read more
- 06:49 Birmingham obesity crisis to cost city health services £2 billion...
- 06:49 Drugs gang member jailed after £125m smuggling scam loses appeal
- 06:48 Holme House prison to host 'jobs fair' to help improve employment...
- 06:48 Missiles hurled at WhatsApp paedophile's house by vigilantes
- 06:48 Millions of Brits risking home security
- 06:48 Blanket ban on off-licence bids in South Holland put back
- 06:45 Louth teenager has been missing since Sunday
- 06:45 Focus on the league, but Rafa Benitez eyes cup success at Newcastle...
- 06:43 SE Asia Stocks-Lower; Philippines slides as U.S. alliance worries...
- 06:43 Paul Beatty is first American to win Man Booker Prize for The Sellout
- 06:43 Theresa May ‘told bankers about Brexit dangers before ref’
- 06:42 Toyota to recall 5.8 million cars in Japan, China, Europe over...
- 06:41 'My scars make me feel happy and proud': Man born with heart defect...
- 06:41 UFC News: Alvarez slams McGregor, Couture on St-Pierre, Jones sends...
- 06:39 Great Boughton school library to close to the public
- 06:38 VIDEO: Dramatic footage shows suspect covered in cash as cops...
- 06:38 ‘Massive’ fly tip of 50 corrugated asbestos sheets in Old Leake is...
- 06:36 Police and council urge direct action to tackle begging
- 06:35 Disruption expected as Post Office managers stage 24-hour strike
- 06:35 New picture issued of woman who has been missing for six days
- 06:35 Single parents in Nottingham owed more than £12m in child maintenance
- 06:35 Nottingham's Monster of literature launched in time for Hallowe'en
- 06:33 North East is ‘driving force’, says NHS boss
- 06:33 Council now plans to finish job in one stint
- 06:33 Derby man called his mum after attacking victim to say 'I have slit...
- 06:33 10 of the North East’s most haunted places to visit this Halloween
- 06:33 Hartlepool headteacher receives OBE from the Queen
- 06:32 Chip pans ban call after man flees Sheffield house blaze
- 06:32 UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 26
- 06:27 New Zealand's top spot as easiest place to do business has...