'One hundred' BBC presenters face HMRC tax investigation
About 100 BBC presenters are being investigated over whether they paid too little tax by working as freelancers, not staff, legal documents have shown.
HMRC is examining 100 figures who were paid via personal service companies.
A tribunal ruling in a case involving BBC News presenters Tim Willcox and Joanna Gosling revealed HMRC has opened enquiries into 100 other on-air stars.
The BBC said the tribunal related to between 2006 and early 2013, when it adopted a new employment status test.
The case relates to whether Willcox and Gosling were eligible to be paid as freelancers through their... read more
- 09:48 ECB bids for more euro clearing oversight
- 09:47 Watch: Drunk 4x4 driver loses control - causing five vehicle fatal...
- 09:47 Shock moment woman's niqab is torn off in Meadowhall shopping...
- 09:47 Why taking a summer time swim in a reservoir could cost you everything
- 09:47 4G finally coming to Llangefni ... but your telly signal could be...
- 09:47 The Transport Talk column with Don Mackenzie
- 09:46 Hearts and Hibs derby dates revealed as 2017-18 Premiership...
- 09:46 Hamilton kick-off their league season at Pittodrie
- 09:46 EU nationals living in UK CAN stay after Brexit, Theresa May confirms
- 09:46 Airdrieonians and Albion Rovers face tough start to the League One...
- 09:44 Survey reveals Warwickshire adults lost £9 million to cyber crime
- 09:44 Disabled horse riding charity near Warwick to become new headquarters
- 09:44 VW waives appeal against German dieselgate compensation cases
- 09:43 When does Ramadan end and what is it? Everything you need to know...
- 09:42 Magical mystery tour challenge for pals
- 09:42 Devastated Leicester man explains how best friend died on mountain...
- 09:41 Rejoice, for you can now buy a £140 Prada paperclip with which to...
- 09:41 Why taking a summer time swim in a reservoir could cost you everything
- 09:40 Cheryl takes up private boxing lessons to keep fit following the...
- 09:40 Child rapist jailed for eight years
- 09:39 Skipper convinced of Finals Day presence
- 09:39 PICTURE: Car ends up on roof on busy Sheffield road
- 09:38 Update | Victim of attempted murder alive but still in a critical...
- 09:38 Folk hero who played her last ever gig in Northamptonshire is...
- 09:38 Barrow bakers knead one last push to hit fundraising goal
- 09:38 Video: Amazing footage of Knypersely Reservoir
- 09:38 Oil edges up, but still set for worst first half performance in 20...
- 09:37 Man Utd 2017/18 home kit images leaked online
- 09:36 PICTURE: Car ends up on roof on busy Sheffield road
- 09:35 Planning applications received by Harrogate Borough Council, week...