One bad day at Coldingham bay
0 Have your say A huge spike in pollution found in bathing water at Coldingham on August 30 remains a mystery to the Scottish Environment Protection Agency.
Between June 1 and September 15, SEPA check bathing water quality at Scotland’s most popular tourist beaches, testing for bacteria E Coli (EC) and intestinal enterococci (IE). During that time 15 of the 16 samples at Coldingham ranged from 10-80 EC (above 500 is poor) but the August 30 water sample registered 3,700 EC and IE levels were also exceptionally high on that date.
“We have been unable to conclusively determine the source of... read more
- 10:40 We name and shame the people who have been in court
- 10:40 Work on new £3.5m Ongo office gets underway
- 10:39 Everton ace to discuss future with Ronald Koeman as West Ham and...
- 10:38 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:38 Two crews attend kitchen fire in Louth
- 10:38 New top cop wants a ‘first class response’ for Fylde and Wyre
- 10:38 South Shore crews called to extractor fan fire
- 10:38 Trinity Walk’s celebrates fifth birthday with a record-breaking year
- 10:37 University students urged to get vaccinated against meningitis and...
- 10:37 Woman punched in the face by man in Kettering
- 10:37 Liverpool FC boss Klopp's dig at 'long-ball' Manchester United
- 10:37 David Beckham pays tribute to Manchester United staff member who...
- 10:37 Man dies following head-on crash on the A361 near Daventry
- 10:37 Trinity Walk’s celebrates fifth birthday with a record-breaking year
- 10:37 Everton FC fans witness Tom Davies' coming of age
- 10:37 ‘I’m allergic to my husband’
- 10:37 'Under Dean Keates there is a team forming' - Wrexham AFC fans give...
- 10:37 Mexico BPM music festival: Reports of shootings in clubs
- 10:37 'Anne Frank link' unearthed at Sobibor camp
- 10:37 Egypt court upholds ruling halting transfer of islands to Saudi Arabia
- 10:37 Council’s fight for cash to repair Doncaster’s damaged roads
- 10:37 Mold Festival of Light is a dazzling success
- 10:36 Inquest into Staffordshire and Derbyshire couple killed in Tunisia...
- 10:36 Netflix customers targeted in phishing scam which aims to steal...
- 10:36 Italy discussing its budget problems with EU - Treasury official
- 10:36 Council’s fight for cash to repair Doncaster’s damaged roads
- 10:35 Arsenal plot shock move to beat Man United and Chelsea to £50m star...
- 10:35 YP Comment: Time to reinvent cones hotline?
- 10:35 Couple on benefits spent £40,000 on their wedding
- 10:35 Fire breaks out in chimney of Scalford house