On the 100th anniversary of the world's first US billionaire... we reveal where today's top earners live
On September 29, 1916, American oil magnate John D. Rockefeller became the world's first confirmed U.S. dollar billionaire - his wealth went on to peak at an estimated $336billion.
And it appears 100 years on, the U.S. still reigns when it comes to wealth.
Data released by Forbes reveals where today's billionaires live in the world, with almost a third of them residing in America.
In the first quarter of 2016 the world’s billionaire population stood at 1,810 in 67 countries.
Of that number 540 billionaires were found to be based in the U.S., more than any other country.
RELATED ARTICLES... read more
- 12:02 Barcelona police shoot driver of speeding truck 'packed with gas...
- 12:02 Hearts need to start challenging for silverware, says Jambos...
- 12:01 Sheffield College students stage Shakespeare inspired show
- 12:00 Film shows why Hull and Iceland aren't so different as Arctic...
- 12:00 Two rescued from Bootle flat fire
- 12:00 ‘He’s on a ledge' Phillip and Holly FEAR for baby’s safety as he...
- 11:59 The many benefits of volunteering
- 11:59 Bikes stolen in Baginton burglary
- 11:59 Azerbaijan President Aliyev makes wife Mehriban his deputy
- 11:59 Nottingham named one of the best cities to become friends with your...
- 11:59 Look inside this six-bed house for sale on Nottingham's...
- 11:58 Storm Doris to bring damaging winds and heavy rain to Grimsby area
- 11:58 France joins the party as euro zone economic outlook shines
- 11:58 WEATHER WARNING: Winds of up to 60mph to batter North West
- 11:57 Sheffield College students stage Shakespeare inspired show
- 11:56 Missing Warwick man found safe
- 11:55 Byron Sixth Form College into national F1 Schools competition final
- 11:55 Tributes left to Sunderland fan who died in cycling tragedy
- 11:55 Manchester United players and Jose Mourinho in positive mood ahead...
- 11:54 Labour to host vigil for Louth Hospital and NHS
- 11:54 SS-GB: BBC to 'look at' sound levels after complaints
- 11:53 Toyota tease futuristic electric city car concept that'll be...
- 11:53 BMW reveals new flying motorcycle and you'll never believe what...
- 11:53 Manchester United v St-Etienne: Jose Mourinho receives injury boost
- 11:53 Wrexham teenagers arrested on suspicion of robbery
- 11:53 The Lords has "lost its honour" - is it time for them to go?
- 11:53 EU banking watchdog revises new payments rules
- 11:53 As he turns 93, Mugabe dismisses corruption allegations
- 11:52 Man suffers burns to face and head in car fire
- 11:52 BREAKING: Jacob Benet Cook pleads guilty to child sex offences