On National Poetry Day we remember the moving poem written by Carol Ann Duffy after Hillsborough report published
Today is National Poetry Day which celebrates the written word and encourages budding poets to share their work.
Liverpool is full of creative minds and beautiful poetry can be seen and heard across the city.
To mark National Poetry Day, here is the moving poem written by Carol Ann Duffy for the ECHO in 2012, after the report into the Hillsborough disaster revealed the truth about the tragedy.
Carol Ann is a Poet Laureate - a coveted title awarded to a handful of poetry’s most celebrated and talented names. Here are her words:
The Cathedral bell, tolled, could never tell;
nor the Liver... read more
- 18:55 US election: Trump outlines plan for first 100 days
- 18:55 Smoke from Seaforth blaze to lower this evening which could cause...
- 18:54 Newcastle United 3-0 Ipswich Town: Rafael Benitez's boys extend...
- 18:54 US Grand Prix F1 qualifying LIVE: Lewis Hamilton targets pole...
- 18:53 See what the chocolate sausage really tasted like at Chocival
- 18:51 Why being a 'silver splitter' is a health risk: Those who divorce...
- 18:50 Dad hopes his battle to overcome rare disease will give strength to...
- 18:50 Inquest opened into death of much-loved Middlesbrough lad
- 18:50 Devoted Sian follows in dad's footsteps to make a difference
- 18:50 Almost 100 people gather for vigil after dog was found buried alive...
- 18:50 Two vehicles involved in another crash on the A171 near Guisborough
- 18:48 One-fingered typists are no slower, so there
- 18:48 'I'm in the dark over Paul Hurst's future at Grimsby Town' -...
- 18:46 'We can't sleep at night but we still believe he's alive': Dad of...
- 18:45 Aston Villa: This man Jonathan Kodjia is the new Holte End darling!
- 18:43 Death toll in Cameroon train crash rises to 70
- 18:43 Blackburn over London for Mehreen
- 18:41 Cobblers performance ‘good enough to beat anyone’, says boss Page
- 18:41 Nottingham City Transport bus named in honour of Herbert Kilpin,...
- 18:40 Arsene Wenger admits he doesn’t know when Santi Cazorla will make...
- 18:40 Leicester City star Shinji Okazaki just quietly equalled a Premier...
- 18:37 Hole lot of fun as Prairie Sports Village unveil mini golf launch
- 18:37 Lifetime achievement honour beckons for Burnley’s “Renaissance Man”
- 18:34 Scottish Cup: Ten-man East Kilbride stun Cowdenbeath
- 18:31 Salford City stunned by deadly Dyer as Tamworth take points
- 18:30 Chester King's School visited by former student turned Olympic star...
- 18:30 Halloween retail therapy
- 18:28 Scunthorpe United players showed a belief how good they are says...
- 18:28 'Loveable rogue' who survived fleecing The Krays dies in Birmingham
- 18:27 PNE keeper takes it to the Max!