Omagh bombing: European court dismisses real IRA men's claim
The European Court of Human Rights has dismissed a claim by men found liable for the Omagh bomb that the civil court action against them was unfair.
In June 2009, Liam Campbell was found liable, along with Real IRA leader Michael McKevitt, for the atrocity.
It followed a landmark civil action brought by relatives of some of the 29 people killed in the 1998 bombing.
No one has ever been convicted of murder in relation to the County Tyrone car bomb.
Campbell and McKevitt argued that due to the severity of the charges the court should have applied criminal rather than civil standards of... read more
- 09:44 Danger driver rammed taxi off road before speeding away at 100mph...
- 09:44 Major Derbyshire road closed after crash between car and lorry
- 09:44 Tatler shares all the things that make your fridge posh
- 09:44 Javier Hernandez makes history as he equals Mexico goalscoring record
- 09:42 Three charged with conspiracy to commit robbery in Nottinghamshire
- 09:42 Sports facility reopens after major refurbishment
- 09:42 Comic Relief end of night total REVEALED but Red Nose Day viewers...
- 09:41 Easter theatre fun for youngsters
- 09:41 Jeremy McConnell returns to Instagram as Ex on the Beach rumours...
- 09:41 Passionate performance by Japanese pianist
- 09:41 DR Congo unrest: Why have 10 mass graves been found in Kasai?
- 09:41 Town in top five for food hygiene improvements
- 09:41 Fernando Alonso admits McLaren might struggle to finish Australian...
- 09:41 What are Scotland's chances of qualifying for the 2018 World Cup? -...
- 09:41 7 Expert tips for cutting sugar the sensible way
- 09:41 South Lakes weather for Saturday March 25
- 09:41 Barrow's emergency services pay their respects as nation mourns...
- 09:41 Patrons back bid to buy and renovate Cumbrian poet's Millom home
- 09:40 Tour de Yorkshire spectacle to showcase the town
- 09:39 Hundreds of homes approved in Wyre
- 09:38 Britain's poorest, excluded from banking, turn to high-cost credit...
- 09:38 People kill sheep, strip naked and chain themselves together at...
- 09:38 London attacker Khalid Masood ‘rowed with ex after convincing...
- 09:37 Gomersal U15s show heart in Blackburn Cup final loss
- 09:37 Tour de Yorkshire spectacle to showcase the town
- 09:36 How many new homes could be built in north east Derbyshire in the...
- 09:35 The Electric Bar and Restaurant third birthday
- 09:35 Lincoln City v Forest Green Rovers LIVE - the top-of-table clash as...
- 09:34 Three charged with conspiracy to commit robbery in Nottinghamshire
- 09:34 University of Sunderland students get guide dogs visitors