Oil up on Iran comments, Wall Street ticks down
An index of stocks across the world ended flat on Monday while Wall Street dipped, and oil prices rose to a three-month high after Iran's leader called on non-OPEC producers to help support prices.
The U.S. dollar rose against a basket of its peers after strong manufacturing data, sterling brushed against a three-decade low versus the greenback and the Colombian peso fell after voters rejected a peace deal to end a more than 50-year-old war.
Traders were on the lookout for news from Deutsche Bank, which is working to reach a settlement with U.S. authorities who have demanded a fine of up to... read more
- 03:59 Boredom in Britain at a new low
- 03:40 Self-medicating by drinking wine before bedtime will only make your...
- 03:40 Five teenagers to face court on terror charges
- 03:35 David Miliband 'deeply concerned' for Labour's future
- 03:15 Let DEMOCRACY speak: Marine Le Pen SLAMS media for censoring French...
- 03:03 YOU’RE ON YOUR OWN: China CLASHES with Donald Trump over North...
- 02:59 Bolivia's San Pedro 'tourist prison', 20 years on
- 02:59 Could the next Messi come from Nigeria as Barcelona launches Lagos...
- 02:59 IS in Afghanistan: How successful has the group been?
- 02:59 Kim Jong-nam death: Unravelling the mystery
- 02:59 Did Trump win because his name came first in key states?
- 02:57 Move into a nursing home while you're still fit, says care tsar as...
- 02:53 HMRC rejects tax avoidance criticism
- 02:52 Can community projects offer a way to affordable care?
- 02:41 Illegal air pollution levels endangering health of capital's children
- 02:32 Guatemala expels abortion boat crew
- 02:32 Egypt's Coptic Christians flee Sinai after deadly attacks
- 02:21 City homes 'least affordable since 2009'
- 02:12 Boris Johnson to visit Egypt for talks with president
- 02:07 ADM brokerage arm shifts more trades onto computer screens
- 02:07 Alphabet's self-driving car unit sues Uber with trade theft charge
- 01:53 Fashion house BCBG Max Azria prepares for bankruptcy: sources
- 01:49 Smuggled rare ploughshare tortoises go on display for first time
- 01:49 China's Panchen Lama says to uphold 'glorious tradition' of patriotism
- 01:42 Get your dancing shoes on for Grimsby's Strictly Get Dancing
- 01:42 What mummy really thinks about everyday family life
- 01:42 Hankies and sticks: Why do people take up Morris dancing?
- 01:39 Southampton boss Claude Puel still stung by Ryan Giggs' winner in 2007
- 01:36 Footballer hit by lightning in Highgate United match remembered
- 01:31 Ryan Palmer and Wesley Bryan share lead at the halfway point of the...