Oil rises on U.S. crude inventory draw, falling Chinese output
Oil prices rose on Wednesday, lifted by a report of a drop in U.S. crude inventories and declining production in China, while an upbeat OPEC statement on its planned output cut also supported the market.
A slightly weaker dollar boosted oil as well, traders said, as it makes fuel purchases cheaper for countries using other currencies, potentially spurring demand.
U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude oil futures were trading at $50.73 per barrel at 0326 GMT, up 44 cents, or 0.87 percent, from their last settlement.
International Brent crude futures were at $52.14 a barrel, up 46 cents,... read more
- 11:33 Godleman over the moon with victory
- 11:33 3 arrested after drugs and gun found in raid
- 11:32 Show dedicated to Sheffield dance teacher
- 11:32 Chancellor hails a 'turning point' for the economy as the...
- 11:32 Holyrood row breaks out over "fawning" Royal baby motion
- 11:32 New case of Alabama Rot confirmed
- 11:32 Premier League transfer news: Danny Rose, Mauro Icardi, Jorginho,...
- 11:31 How former airbase school bounced back after RAF left Doncaster
- 11:31 Brackley food business to offer direct degree route
- 11:31 Peruvian judge orders arrest of two accused of lynching Canadian
- 11:30 David Davis apologises for unannounced border visit
- 11:30 Plans for 150 homes in Hatton Park due to be heard tonight
- 11:30 Man released after joint enterprise conviction quashed
- 11:30 Kate Middleton red dress is giving us serious Princess Diana vibes
- 11:29 Closing branches leaves ‘sense of decline and despair’, banks...
- 11:29 Using your phone in the passenger seat could land you a £200 fine...
- 11:28 Digital skills partnership launch
- 11:28 Blackpool building firm in £21m city work
- 11:28 Middle earners punished by 'fiscal drag': Higher rate of income tax...
- 11:28 How you could get points and a fine for using your phone as a...
- 11:28 EastEnders spoilers: Phil Mitchell reveals the shocking truth about...
- 11:28 Mohamed Salah is worshipped from the Colosseum to the Kop... here's...
- 11:27 £15,000 campaign to bring wheelchair friendly roundabout to...
- 11:27 TSB boss apologises after customers hit by IT glitches
- 11:25 Plans for 150 homes in Hatton Park due to be heard tonight
- 11:25 Class A drug gang jailed after 18 homes raided by police
- 11:24 Sky Sports pundit makes huge Antonio Conte to Arsenal claim
- 11:24 Liverpool transfer news: Robbie Fowler says superstars set to join...
- 11:24 Meet the Westoe candidates for the South Tyneside local council...
- 11:24 Apple's Shazam takeover investigated by EU competition regulators