Oil rallies on OPEC output deal; energy stocks lift Wall Street
Oil prices rallied on Wednesday after OPEC members reached an agreement on a production-limiting deal, boosting energy sector shares.
The U.S. dollar was flat versus a currency basket but fell to a near-five month low versus the Norwegian krone NOK=. Norway, although not an OPEC member, is a major crude producer.
Crude oil prices jumped after sources told Reuters that the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries agreed to reduce its oil output by about a million barrels per day.
U.S. crude CLc1 was up 5.2 percent on the day.
The move in oil boosted shares in the energy sector of... read more
- 08:22 Six-storey staff car park approved for Lancaster hospital
- 08:22 Ninja star confiscated from High Peak children
- 08:22 Crash blocks one lane of A50 causing delays
- 08:22 Alarm over decline in flying insects
- 08:21 Sellafield firefighters on strike again today
- 08:20 Man Utd angry at Jose Mourinho and consider replacing him with Luis...
- 08:20 Meet Britain's shortest servicewoman - and she's from Lincolnshire
- 08:20 Arsenal news LIVE updates: Keane blast, Chambers injury blow,...
- 08:19 Granville Academy, in Woodville, closed for rest of week after...
- 08:18 Huge 75-tonne delivery to Hull will cause massive delays on roads
- 08:18 Bingo! Leeds jobs bonanza just the tonic
- 08:16 Inquest into Cumbrian mum's death hears of further hospital errors
- 08:16 Arsenal are behind ‘most teams in the Premier League’, claims...
- 08:16 BBC Breakfast: Naga Munchetty DEMANDS answers in heated Brexit...
- 08:15 Barcelona join the race to sign Tottenham star Harry Kane
- 08:13 You’re going to be obsessed with this Instagram dedicated to...
- 08:13 Country glory in the glens
- 08:11 Plucky Blackpool hotelier uses Google to catch burglar
- 08:11 Mum-of-two fights back from breast cancer at age of 30
- 08:11 Here's how schools are supporting transgender and non-binary pupils
- 08:11 Pervert who lives near three Whitley Bay schools caught with...
- 08:11 Meet the Newcastle couple who quit their jobs to play poker
- 08:11 Is Mersey Gateway bridge "milking the motorist" or "technology at...
- 08:10 Just one yoga class and one jogging session a week can HALF your...
- 08:10 One in five women who use sunbeds are 'tanorexics' - and it is most...
- 08:10 Forget 10,000 steps! Walking anywhere - even for five minutes -...
- 08:09 Owner of Suzanne's Skin Specialist reassures customers after...
- 08:06 Teenage girl left bruised after attempted robbery in Doncaster
- 08:06 Motorcyclist collides with van in Lancaster
- 08:05 Pro-Brexit MPs urge Theresa May to quit talks