Oil prices fall on latest rise in U.S. drilling
Oil prices fell early on Monday, pulled down by a rising rig count in the United States, record OPEC-output, and slowing global economic growth which could erode fuel demand.
U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude oil futures were trading at $50.03 per barrel at 0030, down 32 cents from their last settlement.
Traders said that WTI was pulled down by another rise in U.S. oil drilling activity.
A closely watched report on Friday by oil services provider Baker Hughes showed U.S. drillers added four rigs in the week to Oct. 14. It was the 16th week in a row that oil drillers had gone without... read more
- 06:58 Dad and daughter team up for 400km charity cycle challenge
- 06:58 South Shields teen to receive Duke of Edinburgh Award
- 06:58 Special celebration for heroic war veteran as he turns 100
- 06:58 Driver calls for end to pothole misery after having to replace...
- 06:57 Tetford volunteers show how to clean up
- 06:57 Education Column: Sheffield headteachers have got some tough...
- 06:54 Guest Column: Become a king or queen at the Old Hall
- 06:53 TWO former Chelsea stars on Roman Abramovich's director of football...
- 06:50 YEP's own Connie makes the news as she celebrates 100th birthday
- 06:47 Wayne Bell jailed for neo-Nazi group social media posts
- 06:48 ‘Too much TV’ linked to heart disease and cancer
- 06:47 Extinct butterfly to be reintroduced in England
- 06:48 Dementia patients’ medication prompts care plan concerns
- 06:47 High levels of screen time linked to cancer and heart disease
- 06:47 Sextortion: Big rise in victims with 'tens of thousands at risk'
- 06:47 PNE striker Callum Robinson’s Republic of Ireland boost
- 06:47 Big-punching Preston prospect Damian Chambers makes fast start to...
- 06:47 Preston's Wembley win the highlight of John Welsh's career
- 06:46 Thursday’s best TV: Humans; Million Pound Menu; Missions
- 06:46 In her bicentenary year, Victoria’s life becomes a ballet, with...
- 06:45 Unai Emery: Arsenal fans have their say on new Gunners coach –...
- 06:45 Liverpool chiefs 'targeting TWO English defenders' to boost Jurgen...
- 06:43 Two dead, 18 injured after train smashes into truck stopped on...
- 06:41 Hanging Heaton hit club record highest score in Ossett success
- 06:41 The Stratford-upon-Avon Street Marshals Scheme
- 06:40 Reboot, revive, repeat: has retromania really taken over TV?
- 06:39 Dales school bids to go it alone to secure ‘sustainable’ future
- 06:39 Grade discount plea for students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- 06:39 Evolution or sexism: Why are so many female bosses ‘queen bees’?
- 06:37 Guest Column: Does social media improve modern life?