Oil prices dip on surging Iran sales, but looming OPEC deal offers support
Oil prices dipped early on Tuesday, weighed down by a rise in Iranian exports that adds to a global supply overhang, although a planned OPEC-led supply cut later this year has lent crude some support.
International Brent crude oil futures LCOc1 were trading at $50.79 per barrel at 0015 GMT, down 10 cents from their previous close.
U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude CLc1 was down 15 cents at $48.66 a barrel.
Traders said prices were dented by the latest rise in Iranian crude and condensate sales, which likely reached about 2.8 million barrels per day (bpd) in September, almost matching... read more
- 09:07 Italy referendums: Lombardy and Veneto vote on greater autonomy
- 09:06 Robin Hood’s Bay dance school backs Whitby charity WHISH nets £200
- 09:05 Crimewatch: The Coventry crimes that have featured over the last 33...
- 09:05 Tottenham vs Liverpool: No Firmino, Mane, Dier or Dembele in our...
- 09:05 Volvo Ocean Race: What is it? When is it? How do you win?
- 09:05 Arsenal news LIVE updates: Wenger on retiring, double injury boost,...
- 09:05 Ronald Koeman fears he will be SACKED today if Everton lose to Arsenal
- 09:04 Doncaster Citizen's advice bureau concerns over Universal Credit
- 09:04 REGIONAL NEWS: Woman arrested after baby falls to death from...
- 09:04 Picnic area issues reported to police
- 09:02 Ripley hit-and-run latest - police quiz revellers over Audi A4
- 09:01 Tutbury granddad celebrates his 80th birthday - by getting a tattoo
- 09:00 Storm Brian in Liverpool - when will the bad weather stop?
- 09:00 CCTV proves crooked shopkeeper was lying about armed bandits...
- 09:00 Cops concerned for welfare of missing man last spotted in Aberdeen
- 08:59 Labour will team up with Tory rebels to demand Brexit changes
- 08:57 Zombie apocalypse at North Shields college
- 08:57 Tottenham vs Liverpool preview, TV channel, kick-off time, date,...
- 08:57 Young rugby stars land new sponsors
- 08:57 Artist appeals for help on press gangs
- 08:57 Top award for North East ambulance staff
- 08:56 Inspector Morse's legacy: John Thaw's daughter makes Endeavour...
- 08:55 Dream job going – interest in Scottish islands essential
- 08:55 Planning list for council to determine
- 08:55 Wellington Road in Burton gets so flooded when it rains walkers end...
- 08:55 Council and police hand out cat bells to help reduce thefts
- 08:54 If you’re trying to lose or maintain weight, try having mushrooms...
- 08:51 WHO ‘rethinks’ appointment of Mugabe as goodwill ambassador after...
- 08:46 Hub team hope to win UK award
- 08:43 Paul Robinson: Louth Cattle Market is part of a ‘complicated jigsaw’