Oil prices dip on surging Iran sales, but looming OPEC deal offers support
Oil prices dipped early on Tuesday, weighed down by a rise in Iranian exports that adds to a global supply overhang, although a planned OPEC-led supply cut later this year has lent crude some support.
International Brent crude oil futures LCOc1 were trading at $50.79 per barrel at 0015 GMT, down 10 cents from their previous close.
U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude CLc1 was down 15 cents at $48.66 a barrel.
Traders said prices were dented by the latest rise in Iranian crude and condensate sales, which likely reached about 2.8 million barrels per day (bpd) in September, almost matching... read more
- 09:59 Teacher casually marks homework during Liam Gallagher’s...
- 09:58 Police rescue children trapped in old orphanage
- 09:57 Super Smash Bros Nintendo Switch update: MORE Wii U games to join list
- 09:57 The splendidly unpredictably world of terrier racing in Yorkshire
- 09:57 Major peas plant plans on edge of the Wolds
- 09:57 Hundreds join Eddie Izzard in fun run to remember Jo Cox
- 09:57 60 high rise buildings in 25 local authorities fail cladding tests...
- 09:56 Man seriously injured after plunging from Tradeston bridge into...
- 09:54 Antonio Conte’s agent reveals Chelsea failed in bid to sign Antonio...
- 09:54 Car fire on motorway
- 09:54 Chelsea transfer announcements on hold: Why Blues are waiting until...
- 09:53 Complete chaos on London Underground after huge signal systems failure
- 09:53 More than 100 pets were poisoned by e-cigarettes in Britain last year
- 09:52 Hero Notts Police dog handler honoured with kennels renaming
- 09:52 June 26, 1917 – So you think fake news and sponsored stories are...
- 09:51 Bill Cosby tour 'not about sex assault'
- 09:51 Extra cheer at town beer run
- 09:51 Brave Bradley gets hero’s welcome on the Yorkshire coast
- 09:51 Alexis Sanchez to Man City: Arsenal's Shkodran Mustafi has 'no...
- 09:51 Organic product recalled due to salmonella contamination
- 09:50 Man dies after A605 crash
- 09:50 Woman ‘sacked for not wearing bra’ while working in pub
- 09:50 Holyrood to probe safety of high-rise blocks following Grenfell
- 09:49 Nestle, Italian bank deal prop up European shares
- 09:48 Hospital holds graduation ceremonies for premature babies leaving...
- 09:48 Former Burton Albion manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink among...
- 09:48 Grantham firefighters tackle car blaze in Barrowby
- 09:48 Grantham fire spreads from rubbish to window frame
- 09:47 GLOBAL MARKETS-Italy bank deal lifts Europe shares, dollar on back...
- 09:46 Man City goalkeeper Claudio Bravo handed boost after returning in...