Oil prices dip after reaching June highs on U.S. crude stock draw
Oil prices eased on Thursday but remained near June highs reached the previous session when they were buoyed by a fall in U.S. crude inventories.
U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude oil futures were trading at $49.54 per barrel at 0136 GMT, down 29 cents or 0.6 percent from their last settlement.
International Brent crude futures were down 30 cents, or 0.6 percent, at $51.56 per barrel.
Traders said the price dips early on Thursday were largely a result of profit-taking following strong price rises the day before.
Both contracts hit their highest levels since June on Wednesday after... read more
- 00:32 UK becoming 'cocaine capital' of Europe, warns minister
- 00:27 'WE WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU'
- 00:27 Spen waves goodbye to 168 years of printing
- 00:25 Barrow-based construction firm helps raised more than £2,000 for...
- 00:25 Sudoku 4067 medium
- 00:24 The Yorkshire Post says: PM’s grammar school lessons. May risks One...
- 00:24 Niall Dickson: A long-term plan is vital for NHS future
- 00:24 GP Taylor: We need more big ideas like Tour de Yorkshire to keep...
- 00:24 Bernard Ingham: Envy and handouts will not help our young people
- 00:21 Two Australian embassy officials in South Africa reported sacked in...
- 00:20 Oxford’s Wadham College: Diversity drives standards up, not down
- 00:20 Oxford faces anger over failure to improve diversity among students
- 00:20 Grammar school pupils 'gain no social or emotional advantages' by...
- 00:11 People rarely say thank you when others help them out, scientists say
- 00:06 Amazon selling facial recognition software to police, records reveal
- 00:05 Boys earn more than girls for chores proving gender pay gap...
- 00:05 Kate talks about playing with George and Charlotte in emotional...
- 00:04 Man Booker International Prize: Olga Tokarczuk is first Polish winner
- 00:02 Police seized machete-like weapon dubbed ‘the leg remover’ from...
- 00:02 One in eight parents tax children on their pocket money
- 00:00 Air Force Cam: PM enjoys first outing on refurbished RAF plane
- 23:58 Lucy Bronze is first England player to win BBC women’s footballer...
- 23:45 Britain’s most charitable lottery winner gave away £5,500,000 of...
- 23:45 ‘Proud to be part of the Arsenal family,’ declares Unai Emery’s...
- 23:43 Antonio Conte makes threat to Chelsea over sacking
- 23:34 Pregnant woman stabbed 33 times because man ‘thought people would...
- 23:27 Stock markets drop after Trump signals dissatisfaction with China...
- 23:23 US to ease crisis-era Dodd-Frank banking rules
- 23:20 Manchester United star Sergio Romero ruled out of the World Cup
- 23:19 New York judge orders 30-year-old son to move out of parents' home