Oil prices dip after reaching June highs on U.S. crude stock draw
Oil prices eased on Thursday but remained near June highs reached the previous session when they were buoyed by a fall in U.S. crude inventories.
U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude oil futures were trading at $49.54 per barrel at 0136 GMT, down 29 cents or 0.6 percent from their last settlement.
International Brent crude futures were down 30 cents, or 0.6 percent, at $51.56 per barrel.
Traders said the price dips early on Thursday were largely a result of profit-taking following strong price rises the day before.
Both contracts hit their highest levels since June on Wednesday after... read more
- 15:53 Talking Football: Simon Murray is now Dundee United’s talisman
- 15:52 Second deliberate fire in Desborough in two days
- 15:52 Assistant Chief Constable responds to Manchester terror attack
- 15:51 Remember when Sir Roger Moore was Father Christmas in 2004 UNICEF...
- 15:51 World famous wingwalkers to perform 'show-stopping' display at...
- 15:51 Thieves use rapeseed fields to hide stolen cars and machinery
- 15:51 Public invited to say a prayer for missing South Shields teenagers...
- 15:51 Liverpool Power Rankings: Mane, Milner or Coutinho – who has been...
- 15:51 Manchester terror attack: Urgent police appeal for dashcam footage
- 15:50 Skegness cabbie hailed a hero after terror attack in Manchester
- 15:50 Family pays tribute to young man who died in crash near Kenilworth
- 15:50 Court orders issued to Northampton traveller encampment believed to...
- 15:50 Sudan accuses Egypt of backing rebels ahead of foreign minister's trip
- 15:50 Manchester Arena terror attack - people with blood group O negative...
- 15:50 Comic Jason Manford reveals family friend missing in Manchester...
- 15:49 Skegness cabbie hailed a hero after terror attack in Manchester
- 15:48 Potential tornado in Derbyshire caught on camera at Breadsall...
- 15:48 A46 crash victim named
- 15:48 Sir Roger Moore dead: James Bond icon’s 10 FUNNIEST one-liners and...
- 15:48 Roger Moore: How many James Bond films did he make? What were they?
- 15:48 Roger Moore dead: Star thought he was ‘the WORST James Bond’ after...
- 15:47 Manchester arena blast: Liam Gallagher leads celebrity tributes
- 15:46 First victims of Manchester Arena attack named
- 15:46 Fires keep being started in woods, say police
- 15:46 Leeds United News: Garry Monk to extend contract as club target...
- 15:46 Irish lenders need to speed reduction in non-performing loans -...
- 15:46 Men arrested after Banbury stabbing
- 15:45 Sir Roger Moore dies: his best roles from James Bond to The Saint
- 15:45 Why Liam Payne 'struggled' over Cheryl's decision to name son Bear
- 15:45 Vic Reeves signs up for Coronation Street role