Oil prices dip after reaching June highs on U.S. crude stock draw
Oil prices eased on Thursday but remained near June highs reached the previous session when they were buoyed by a fall in U.S. crude inventories.
U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude oil futures were trading at $49.54 per barrel at 0136 GMT, down 29 cents or 0.6 percent from their last settlement.
International Brent crude futures were down 30 cents, or 0.6 percent, at $51.56 per barrel.
Traders said the price dips early on Thursday were largely a result of profit-taking following strong price rises the day before.
Both contracts hit their highest levels since June on Wednesday after... read more
- 06:25 Northumberland Livestock
- 06:24 Petition calls for rail line to be re-opened
- 06:23 U.S exchanges rent helicopter, drape banner in pursuit of Snapchat IPO
- 06:23 Man Utd January arrival on Jose Mourinho: I've always loved him......
- 06:21 Wicked the musical is returning to Birmingham Hippodrome
- 06:21 Turkish parliament approves more constitutional reform articles
- 06:21 Celtic fans adored Kris Commons but the club and midfielder are...
- 06:21 Woman in cash battle with ex-husband seeks anonymity
- 06:21 Celtic named in top 60 of Deloitte's list of richest clubs
- 06:21 Funeral of Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt to take place in Surrey
- 06:21 Rangers star Barrie McKay says he's desperate to lift Scottish Cup...
- 06:21 Sailors celebrate record-breaking triumph in world's toughest...
- 06:21 Has Rangers chairman Dave King lost trust in Mark Warburton or is...
- 06:21 Pensioners and kids have embarrassed Hibs by racially abusing me...
- 06:21 Former Celtic star Billy Stark says 1988 final win convinced him...
- 06:19 EXCLUSIVE: Leader of Northampton Borough Council missed two council...
- 06:19 All Saints Church backs our 'Safe Places' appeal for Northampton...
- 06:19 "A good friend": Northampton man died in fall down stairs in 'drugs...
- 06:19 Table tennis trio from Daventry compete on national stage
- 06:19 Top 6 canal destinations around Daventry
- 06:18 Bond-trading bump shows Wall Street banks doing more with less
- 06:18 Davos CEOs 'go local' on supply chain in Trump era
- 06:18 Struggling hedge funds still expense bonuses, bar tabs
- 06:18 U.S. investors see more automation, not jobs, under Trump...
- 06:17 Richest clubs in world football: New study reveals top...
- 06:16 Why Chelsea decided to complete this transfer deal
- 06:15 Three players that can give Man City a huge boost this month -...
- 06:15 Manchester United fixture schedule could benefit Jose Mourinho
- 06:15 Fight star Fitzgerald tops bill at Guild Hall
- 06:15 St James’ Church closed for two weeks after asbestos discovery