Officers hit by reversing car after trying to speak to motorist at resort petrol station
0 Have your say Two police officers were hurt in the line of duty after trying to speak to the driver of a car over the weekend.
The pair had attempted to stop a Vauxhall Vectra on the forecourt of Sainsbury’s petrol station in Talbot Road, Blackpool, when it suddenly reversed.
They were struck by the driver’s open door and knocked to the ground, a spokeswoman for Lancashire Police said.
The men went to Blackpool Victoria Hospital for treatment for minor injuries, while their colleagues began hunting for the Vectra, which drove off after also hitting two parked police cars.
They found it... read more
- 11:48 BBC weatherman predicts 88C temperatures for Mother's Day in...
- 11:48 Impact on Barrow's hospital 'should be assessed in wake of West...
- 11:48 Rupert Everett used prosthetic GENITALS to play Oscar Wilde: ‘I had...
- 11:47 Dashcam drive from Hessle to Hull Paragon Station...in 1996!
- 11:46 New Zealand make early inroads in third Test against South Africa...
- 11:46 Leicester midfielder Wilfred Ndidi wants to be his own man: 'I have...
- 11:46 Gianluigi Buffon joined an elite club by playing in the 1,000th...
- 11:47 Etchings that once sparked a royal row go on show
- 11:46 Luiz Felipe Scolari denies he will retire from coaching at the end...
- 11:46 Seamus Coleman will come back 'fitter and stronger' from horrific...
- 11:46 Daniel Ricciardo apologises to Red Bull after Australian GP...
- 11:46 Young boy spots 'Friendly Paedophile' following Weelsby Academy...
- 11:45 Former Blackpool officer will be county’s chief
- 11:45 Egyptian court suspends jail sentence against journalists
- 11:44 New car tax rules and TV licence fees to rise - new laws coming...
- 11:44 Bradley Lowery's excitement ahead of leading out England with 'best...
- 11:43 Battle for Mosul: Residents flee ahead of air strikes
- 11:42 Charities outline their work to club
- 11:42 Remember: Clocks spring forward tonight
- 11:38 Remember: Clocks spring forward tonight
- 11:38 Former Blackpool officer will be county’s chief
- 11:37 17-year-old amateur boxer dies after collapsing in ring
- 11:36 Blyth students enjoy a trip to New York
- 11:36 Shane Long: This is what Seamus Coleman was like on the field after...
- 11:34 Why I get mistaken for being drunk
- 11:34 The Great War in the voices of the people
- 11:34 Belford GP to retire in April after 35 years
- 11:34 The man taught to have sex by lesbians
- 11:34 Man carrying rifle in Crook street arrested
- 11:34 Remember: Clocks spring forward tonight