Office workers consume an extra 100,000 calories each year just from snacking
It's easy to indulge in a snack or two whilst you're at work, but according to a new study office workers are consuming a lot more than they might think.
According to a nation-wide poll of female office workers, on average women will consume more than 100,000 calories each year just by eating snacks at work. And the calorie mishaps amount to 2,240 calories every week.
Yearly, the amount of calories is the equivalent of 1,254 glasses of prosecco, 193 double-stacked burgers or 502 bars of chocolate.
The study shows females indulge in at least three snacks during a typical working day,... read more
- 07:27 Search after children 'shout for help' near River Wyre
- 07:27 Cumbrian water bottle promotion is slated by plastics campaigners
- 07:26 Man Utd want to sell Marcos Rojo to PSG because of Real Madrid as...
- 07:24 Rocket Ronnie off to flier at Guild Hall
- 07:22 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:22 Emmerdale spoilers: New pictures confirm Robert Sugden and Aaron...
- 07:22 Donald Anderson: Why Scotland’s pothole problem is here to stay
- 07:22 Coronation Street spoilers: Kate Connor and Rana Nazir together at...
- 07:21 William Hill fined £6.2m for lax controls
- 07:20 Violent dad jailed for attack on ex partner
- 07:20 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:20 Paramedic bitten at hospital by a patient he was trying to help
- 07:18 William Hill to pay £6,200,000 for ‘social responsibility and money...
- 07:17 Chris Coleman: Right decision to join Sunderland
- 07:16 Jurgen Klopp to Real Madrid: Sky Sports pundit analyses surprise...
- 07:16 Chelsea news: Antonio Conte criticised by Sky Sports pundit for...
- 07:16 Chelsea news: Cesar Azpilicueta reveals which Barcelona player fans...
- 07:16 Probe into cause of blaze continues after death of man in Sheffield
- 07:14 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:13 Fe review – sing a song of Metroid
- 07:13 Games Inbox: Best spring video games, Super Mario Galaxy remaster,...
- 07:13 Fergie apologises as she’s slammed for awkward NBA performance: ‘I...
- 07:13 Cumbrian water bottle promotion slated by plastics campaigners
- 07:13 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:08 National Love Your Pet Day: 7 people reveal how dogs saved...
- 07:08 Are you ready for the fishtail brow?
- 07:07 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:07 Flashback: Luke Varney's goal and the day Burton Albion made...
- 07:04 Luke George sets Hartlepool United win target to avoid National...
- 07:03 Francis feels he is 'getting there' at Saints