Oculus VR headsets knocked out by admin error
Owners of Oculus Rift headsets could not use their devices for almost a day due to an administrative oversight.
Oculus failed to renew a security certificate for some software, meaning headsets would not run key code.
Security certificates are often used to authenticate software, and many computers refuse to run code lacking valid credentials.
Oculus issued a software update early on Thursday, which it said would fix the problem.
Critical time The issue first came to light via social media when headset owners reported that the Oculus PC application was not working.
An error message said... read more
- 13:53 Man Utd news: Cristiano Ronaldo reveals Old Trafford memories in...
- 13:53 Manchester United Player Ratings: How did Lingard, Matic and co...
- 13:50 Flood warning ahead of high tide
- 13:50 Steve Hansen adamant he 'won't be coaching England' if he ever...
- 13:50 Everton striker Cenk Tosun heaps praise on Duncan Ferguson after...
- 13:50 Roads are open but conditions are still hazardous
- 13:49 Young girl critically injured following south Cumbria crash
- 13:47 We’re all going to need a giant unicorn sprinkler come summer*
- 13:47 What is catfishing and how can you spot it?
- 13:42 WEEKEND WEB: Uncovering history from the depths of the sea
- 13:42 Trump accuses Andrew McCabe of producing 'fake memos' of meetings
- 13:40 Roads are open but roads are still hazardous
- 13:39 Lady Dean of Thornton-le-Fylde obituary
- 13:36 First woman appointed in role at RAF Wittering
- 13:36 Roger Federer: Fitness concern revealed for Swiss legend ahead of...
- 13:35 Council slammed for ‘victim-blaming’ poster which suggests women...
- 13:35 Couple who claimed food poisoning at holiday resort caught out by...
- 13:32 Sunderland 0-2 Preston North End: Five things we learned
- 13:32 Pub bombings campaigner to speak at huge football supporter demo in...
- 13:31 SNOW UPDATE: Bus services still disrupted in Doncaster
- 13:30 Nintendo Switch games shock as new Pokemon news is revealed
- 13:30 Fortnite update: Jet pack release date could bring THIS big change...
- 13:30 Pensioners who wanted to pimp their zimmer frames had their wishes...
- 13:28 'Homer Simpson' pulled over by police in Milton Keynes
- 13:27 Jessie Wallace speaks of nerves ahead of return to EastEnders
- 13:26 Good news for little Kian Musgrove as scans reveal that his cancer...
- 13:25 Salisbury attack: How much of the UK's gas comes from Russia?
- 13:25 Barcelona news LIVE updates: Team vs Athletic Bilbao; Luis Suarez &...
- 13:24 Gritting and road repair crews doubled
- 13:24 Ceremony held to mark rebuilding of signal box in Deeping St James