Obesity risk SLASHED 'by swapping just ONE fizzy drink or beer a day for water'
But a new study has laid bare their destructive impact by becoming the first to chart its effect on the body.
Spanish researchers followed 15,765 healthy university graduates by monitoring their consumption of a host of common drinks.
Intake of whole milk, reduced-fat milk, skimmed milk, milkshake, wine, beer, spirits, sugar-sweetened soda beverages, diet soda beverages, regular coffee, decaffeinated coffee, fresh orange juice, fresh non-orange fruit juice, bottled juice, tap water and bottled water was assessed from 1999 with information on weight updated every two years.
The study... read more
- 08:35 50 years of hits from a TV station that really caught fire
- 08:34 Youngsters decorating baubles for community
- 08:34 Ryan Seacrest denies sexual misconduct allegations
- 08:31 Norham stages successful show
- 08:31 Rotary early birds to light up Berwick for Christmas-time
- 08:31 Northumbria Police praised for domestic abuse work
- 08:27 Loony Joons: Kung fu keeper can't take all the blame for the battle...
- 08:25 England bowlers toil on final warm-up day ahead of first Ashes Test...
- 08:24 Kezia Dugdale to appear on ‘I’m a Celebrity’
- 08:24 'Shame the low life scum': Watch Police car smashed with hammer
- 08:23 Manchester City team news for Leicester game will be a big pointer...
- 08:23 How Manchester United should line up vs Newcastle
- 08:20 Charity banks on generous help from Pat and her colleagues
- 08:11 Kirklees council leader confirms he will step down in 2019
- 08:10 Christmas events across Cumbria - take a look at our definitive guide
- 08:10 School funding campaigners hit streets in Cumbria today
- 08:09 EU and me: writers reminisce on their relationship with Europe
- 08:09 WEEKEND WEB: Free Press letters
- 08:08 Kim Kardashian’s surrogate didn’t know she was carrying Kimye’s baby
- 08:08 Wallsend charity planning its Christmas events
- 08:07 Cycling charity wants visitors to join the ride at the Piece Hall
- 08:07 Watch out drivers - mobile speed cameras can catch you out for more...
- 08:07 The £1m club: Homes you could get for a million in the North East...
- 08:07 Durham businesswoman hoping to raise £50,000 to take on B&M over...
- 08:05 Kenilworth-based screenwriter backs Observer campaign
- 08:05 Turnaround in fortunes wins praise for Carlisle primary school
- 08:04 10 ways to cope with depression fatigue
- 07:59 First look at Serena Williams’ gorgeous wedding dress – and baby...
- 07:58 What the Queen ate when she came to Hull
- 07:52 Jose Mourinho plans to use 3-5-2 formation to play Romelu Lukaku...