OAP airlifted to hospital after being hit by lorry
A pensioner was flown to hospital with multiple injuries after he was hit by a lorry.
The man, in his 70s, is in a serious condition following the incident, which happened in Chapel Lane, Ullenhall, near Henley-in-Arden, at 9am on Tuesday.
He was airlifted to Birmingham’s Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
An ambulance, a paramedic officer, a local community first responder and the Warwickshire and Northamptonshire Air Ambulance with a doctor on board attended the scene.
A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “When ambulance crews arrived they found a pedestrian, a man in his 70s, who... read more
- 07:51 Father and daughter step out for charity
- 07:51 Green-fingered Brownies lend a hand
- 07:51 Popular landlord and colourful character dies
- 07:51 Antiques show heads to Alnwick
- 07:51 Celebrating LGBT culture and life in Northumberland
- 07:51 Latest results from the courts
- 07:51 Northumberland Day – a celebration of our heritage
- 07:51 GALLERY: A trip to the Farne Islands.
- 07:44 Edinburgh Woollen Mill confirms it will move headquarters to Carlisle
- 07:43 Why cockroach milk is the ultimate ‘superfood’
- 07:41 Police tent erected at Sheffield murder scene after death of boy, 15
- 07:40 Man from north London charged with terrorism offences
- 07:40 Cash converters: could this Dutch scheme stop drivers speeding?
- 07:40 Who betrayed Anne Frank? Book claims to shed new light on mystery
- 07:40 Leeds Windrush victim could not travel to see star athlete sister’s...
- 07:39 Parking your car the wrong way round could land you a £1000 fine
- 07:39 Stories of good deeds
- 07:39 City centre is now bereft of trees
- 07:39 'Jealous' Northampton woman yanked out ex-boyfriend's dreadlocks...
- 07:39 'I feared for my life': Woman's account of alleged kidnap and sex...
- 07:38 Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following...
- 07:34 Orphaned fox cub rescued from busy road by West Cumbrian animal...
- 07:34 Global health conference to return to Cumbria after snow forced...
- 07:34 Police crush major Carlisle drug conspiracy
- 07:34 Hats off to Headway with teddies, titters and titfers
- 07:29 Someone’s made a Bop It! themed sex toy
- 07:29 Man due in court accused of killing Sheffield baby
- 07:27 Dickens learned a lot during difficult season at Saints
- 07:26 Global health conference to return to Cumbria after snow forced...
- 07:26 Britain’s worst road accidents