O’Shea: Sunderland must get back to basics
Sunderland must get back to basics and stop “shooting themselves in the foot” if they are to survive in the Premier League, says skipper John O’Shea.
A demoralising 2-0 defeat in the bottom-of-the-table clash with Stoke City leaves Sunderland propping up the rest of the top flight.
Experienced O’Shea concedes the growing injury list - with nine first team players currently out - would have a “massive impact” on any side.
But he says there are no hiding places in the Premier League and winless Sunderland must improve quickly.
Sunderland have started poorly for the past four seasons and... read more
- 09:40 Nelson man got sucked in to repeat vacuum thefts, court hears
- 09:39 Iran's supreme court upholds tycoon's death sentence for graft
- 09:38 Quiz of the week’s news...
- 09:38 OFSTED ANNUAL REPORT: ‘Too many children not doing well enough in...
- 09:38 Weekend weather for South Cumbria
- 09:36 Old Dalby schoolchild Chloe’s fantastic fundraising efforts help...
- 09:35 Rip-off fears as Mastercard lets shoppers pay at till in...
- 09:35 Brexit has made Britons more interested in the economy - and...
- 09:35 What are trade agreements and why do we need them? Watch our...
- 09:34 Barrow residents to pay for 'green waste' collections
- 09:34 Weekend sexual health clinic in Barrow hospital closes after...
- 09:34 National headlines
- 09:34 Two seriously injured in A590 smash in Barrow
- 09:34 Traffic and travel news for Cumbria - Saturday December 3
- 09:32 India, Afghanistan plan air cargo link over Pakistan
- 09:31 Body of Long Eaton man James Nicholls pulled from sewage tank
- 09:30 Preferred candidate named in hunt for Lincolnshire’s new Chief...
- 09:29 Man killed in early-hours crash near Telford
- 09:29 Paul Pogba can be as good as Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and...
- 09:29 Reeves and Mortimer at Nottingham's Royal Concert Hall - review
- 09:25 Recognition for partnership tackling underage drinking
- 09:25 Morpeth woman jailed for involvement in murder
- 09:23 Hillsborough foes have traded places
- 09:23 Turkey hits back at EU over migrant deal collapse as it blasts 'you...
- 09:22 Unauthorised wearing of military medals could become a crime
- 09:21 China protests at Trump-Taiwan call
- 09:20 Concert violinist jailed for conning people out of £357,000 by...
- 09:20 Newcastle United duo set to miss Burton Albion trip after red cards...
- 09:16 Chinese mine disasters kill at least 38
- 09:15 Police forced to take mugshot with macaw who wouldn’t leave criminal