Nursery staff cook up a storm for children with disabilities
Staff at a garden nursery had their own “bake-off” to raise funds for a charity which supports children with disabilities and life limiting illnesses.
Workers from Arden Lea Nurseries, in Hesketh Bank, created a range of treats, from chocolate and strawberry laughing gear cake and lemon fancies to cheese de lites and Thai fish cakes with coconut and coriander, asking for a £5 donation to sample the goods.
Their culinary skills earned Rainbow House, in Mawdesley, £200.
The money will be used to provide better catering facilities for the youngsters.
The winner was Irene Iddon, from Hesketh... read more
- 10:21 Vicky McClure talks The Replacement, Line Of Duty and those James...
- 10:21 Nuneaton woman arrested over crash which killed expectant father
- 10:20 ‘Dangerous’ road needs new crossing say worried parents
- 10:19 National award for ‘loyal’ Amelia
- 10:19 Guess who’s back! Leeds Festival date for rap star Eminem
- 10:19 ‘Dangerous’ road needs new crossing say worried parents
- 10:18 7 Leicester Comedy Festival shows on tonight
- 10:18 Train lines reopen for Northampton's evening commuters after 'bins...
- 10:18 St Margaret's Way closed county-bound due to storm damage
- 10:18 A place only for the bold as Doris batters Blackpool
- 10:18 Five out of five for Poulton apartments
- 10:17 Nine in a row as RBS posts annual loss and flags job cuts
- 10:17 Wolves vs Birmingham City: Paul Lambert on Gianfranco Zola and the...
- 10:17 Walking Dead actor mocks claims of racism after Primark T-shirt is...
- 10:17 Celtic fined £16k UEFA for pyro at Manchester City clash
- 10:17 Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce provides an update on the Chris Samba...
- 10:17 West Brom team news: The latest from Tony Pulis on his squad
- 10:17 Iraqi forces push into first districts of western Mosul
- 10:16 Vandals pour paint stripper on cars in Amber Valley
- 10:16 Bank staff donate £20,000 to hospice
- 10:16 Highest wind speeds revealed as Grimsby area escapes worst of Storm...
- 10:15 REVEALED: Derbyshire primary schools set to gain and lose funding
- 10:14 Did Justin Bieber just casually wet himself and style it out?
- 10:14 Bentley in rallying cry to Shrimps fans
- 10:14 Have you seen a magpie? You had better touch wood
- 10:13 Coventry City's League One trip to Sheffield United - rearranged
- 10:13 Former Man City boss Roberto Mancini 'sounded out' to replace...
- 10:13 New faces for Cumbria's flagship county show.
- 10:12 Police surround warehouse at scene of alleged burglary in Gateshead
- 10:12 A50 has reopened following accident in which a van driver died in...