Nursery owner guilty of dog neglect
A pre-school owner has been found guilty of neglecting her dog.
Marie Elizabeth Staniforth, who owns Acorns Pre-School in Cleator Moor, appeared before magistrates in a two-day trial accused of causing unnecessary suffering to a protected animal between January and February this year.
Staniforth, 32, denied the charge, but was found guilty today and magistrates are currently preparing to deliver their sentence.
Joan Singleton, owner of Fairview Boarding Kennels, told the trial she received a call on February 16 from someone claiming to have found a stray lurcher-type dog on an industrial... read more
- 00:16 Brazil: Judge’s death investigated
- 00:17 Personal data being shared on huge scale, claims Which?
- 00:17 Bastia 1-1 Nice: Mario Balotelli kept quiet on his return as away...
- 00:16 Protests mark Trump’s first day as US president
- 00:17 Sir Michael Fallon vows the US will remain UK's closest...
- 00:17 Paul Clement believes Daniel Sturridge can cope with Jurgen Klopp's...
- 00:16 Ex-doctor is Labour choice for Copeland
- 00:17 Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola claims B teams are 'the...
- 00:16 Corbyn: Cuts would dog independence
- 00:16 Police Taser Own Racism Adviser
- 00:13 Second-hand tyres put lives at risk, councils warn
- 00:12 Boris Johnson urges unseated Gambian president Yahya Jammeh to...
- 00:12 Pair face child cruelty sentencing over girl's death
- 00:12 Woman held over Leonne Weeks stab death released on bail
- 00:12 'Unfit mother' and partner jailed for letting tragic Poppy, four,...
- 00:12 Nine fined for wilful obstruction of highway in Heathrow Black...
- 00:12 MP claims poor areas 'suffer biggest cuts' amid pharmacy funding...
- 00:12 Ex-boxer's body to be cryogenically frozen, family reveals
- 00:12 Heart surgeon struck off after showing 'reckless disregard' for...
- 00:12 Your personal data on sale to scammers and cold callers for just 4p
- 00:11 Oumar Niasse vows to prove Everton wrong in Hull loan spell as...
- 00:11 Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola on Sergio Aguero signing new...
- 00:10 That Midas touch can prove elusive
- 00:10 Robber attacked woman during raid on Leeds newsagents
- 00:10 Leeds Festival drug dealer locked up
- 00:08 Chief: Man United could have sold this player for more… we were outbid
- 00:04 Ex-model, 34, starving to death from rare disease has shrunk to 77...
- 00:03 Austria arrest 'foils terror attack' in Vienna
- 00:00 Newcastle United midfielder Isaac Hayden: I could still be at...
- 23:56 Trump backers' disparate hopes coalesce around promise of change