Nurse forced to retire at 30 after being given medication which caused birth defects in BOTH her children
A nurse says she has been forced to retire at just 30-years-old after medication she was prescribed caused birth defects in both her children.
Antonia Louise Rimmer was prescribed a drug called Epilim to treat her epilepsy and has been taking it since she was 13.
The mum-of-two, from Southport, continued to take the drug during both of her pregnancies and claims doctors never told it could pose a risk to her babies.
Antonia now has two children, eight-year-old Kaitlyn and Annie, 2, who both suffer from Fetal Valporate Syndrome.
Kaitlyn has a mild form of the condition and needs to wear... read more
- 09:53 Top UN award for Pock Man
- 09:52 Black Friday lifts UK retail sales in November
- 09:52 Girl saves dad’s bakery with single tweet
- 09:51 VIDEO: Police and forensics on the scene as Buckingham Street in...
- 09:50 Rumours: Barcelona to continue pursuit of Liverpool star
- 09:49 Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp targets Atletico Madrid ace Sime...
- 09:49 St Mirren boss Jack Ross calls for greater protection for star man...
- 09:49 Nelson woman accused of pocketing £71,000 from Burnley care home
- 09:49 India 'religious murder' case: Donations for suspect blocked
- 09:48 Number of people considered homeless jumps by 6%
- 09:48 Satellite pictures show just how much snow fell across Derby and...
- 09:47 David Moyes reveals BRUTAL new rule is the secret to West Ham’s...
- 09:45 Millennials will spend £1.1MILLION on rent over their lifetimes if...
- 09:44 Amazing satellite images show Nottinghamshire blanketed in snow
- 09:44 Passenger plane carrying 25 people crashes into field
- 09:43 New board to make life-saving swimming pool rescues in South Yorkshire
- 09:43 Gun, taser and drugs found in police raid on Sheffield house
- 09:43 The best films on TV this Christmas
- 09:42 Fin-tastic cash for Bassetlaw Hospital
- 09:42 Theft of cash from ATM: Police want to speak to this man
- 09:42 'I got him as a secret Santa present' - the very worst reasons why...
- 09:41 Scarborough Council to crack down on grave memorials after ‘disco’...
- 09:40 Martin O'Neill's Aston Villa signings - where are they now?
- 09:39 New board to make life-saving swimming pool rescues in South Yorkshire
- 09:39 Feature: Conquering hills with ‘The Beast’
- 09:39 Squirrel keeps coming back to visit the family who saved her eight...
- 09:37 Fantasy Football Tips: Your best captain options considered for...
- 09:37 Two men charged after death of Barrow man Andrew Hackett
- 09:37 Apprentice viewers left stunned after Lord Sugar fires potential...
- 09:37 New shop makes its presence felt in town