Number of workers on low pay 'set to double' following Brexit vote, study claims
THE number of people in North East Lincolnshire on low pay is expected to more than double within just four years, a new study has found.
The Resolution Foundation believes the Brexit vote will reduce the rise in the National Living Wage by 10p.
And it is the proportion of workers in our area moving into the "low pay" bracket that is of concern.
The Resolution Foundation's annual survey of hours and earnings says 10 per of workers in what it describes as "Greater Lincolnshire" are currently paid two-thirds of the average weekly wage.
By 2020, this will rise to almost 25... read more
- 00:20 Threat in UK greater than six years ago, says terror law watchdog...
- 00:17 PM refuses to rule out blocking Scots MPs voting on Brexit law
- 00:17 Cobra fang club: The rising popularity of Kenyan snake farms
- 00:16 Remarkable dog awarded animal OBE for being owner’s ‘lifeline’
- 00:16 Wetherspoons diner found ‘worm’ inside her half-eaten chicken wings
- 00:16 What does the future hold for people growing old with HIV?
- 00:16 Cambuslang man rubs shoulders with golfing greats at first European...
- 00:15 Reina attack highlights widening chasm in Turkish lifestyles
- 00:13 Kuenssberg scorned for Corbyn misquote
- 00:13 Netflix adds record breaking 7 million new subscribers as profits...
- 00:13 Iraq: ‘Victory’ over Isis in eastern Mosul
- 00:13 China reveals 'Sharp Sword' stealth drone that can carry two TONNES...
- 00:13 Syria: Government troops battle to cling on to cut-off Deir Ezzor
- 00:13 iPhone 8 will recognize its owner's face: Handset will have special...
- 00:13 Israel: ‘Cold-blooded’ killing at homes’ demolition protest
- 00:13 Rail nincompoops handed tram keys
- 00:13 NHS cuts scheme takes another hit
- 00:13 Puerto Ricans celebrate for Oscar Lopez
- 00:13 ‘Spotters’ in new role at Leeds United, Huddersfield Town and...
- 00:13 Npower bottom of energy customer satisfaction survey
- 00:13 Top 10 most complained-about ads of 2016
- 00:13 Blue Peter goes green as badges made from recycled yogurt pots
- 00:12 The vegan trying to make the perfect burger
- 00:10 Stars shun Donald Trump’s invitation to perform at his 'elegant'...
- 00:10 Life and death on Thailand's lethal roads
- 00:10 Hong Kong: Twenty years later
- 00:09 How Sam Sunderland won the world's toughest race... Britain's first...
- 00:09 Chelsea Under 18s cruise into FA Youth Cup fifth round as Mason...
- 00:09 Jos Buttler backing under-pressure captain Eoin Morgan as England...
- 00:07 Guinea-Bissauan winger sprints length of the pitch to bag stunner...