Number of workers on low pay 'set to double' following Brexit vote, study claims
THE number of people in North East Lincolnshire on low pay is expected to more than double within just four years, a new study has found.
The Resolution Foundation believes the Brexit vote will reduce the rise in the National Living Wage by 10p.
And it is the proportion of workers in our area moving into the "low pay" bracket that is of concern.
The Resolution Foundation's annual survey of hours and earnings says 10 per of workers in what it describes as "Greater Lincolnshire" are currently paid two-thirds of the average weekly wage.
By 2020, this will rise to almost 25... read more
- 09:54 BREAKING: Gunman in a pig mask goes on shooting rampage in Las...
- 09:53 National award for travel agent
- 09:53 Down Memory Lane in pictures
- 09:53 LIVE REVIEW: Yes feat. Anderson, Rabin & Wakeman at Eventim Apollo,...
- 09:52 Man United star: I want to win an award… but this is more important
- 09:52 Liverpool midfielder holds talks with Jurgen Klopp: This is what he...
- 09:49 Tottenham prepare summer transfers after £50m was wasted last year
- 09:49 Luis Garcia: This is why Philippe Coutinho must not leave Liverpool...
- 09:49 Lincolnshire County Council could end its Local Government...
- 09:49 South Keveston District Council ask residents for help to improve...
- 09:48 Shropshire protests being held over feared maternity unit cutbacks
- 09:47 50 South Yorkshire homes hit by power cut
- 09:44 Danger driver rammed taxi off road before speeding away at 100mph...
- 09:44 Major Derbyshire road closed after crash between car and lorry
- 09:44 Tatler shares all the things that make your fridge posh
- 09:44 Javier Hernandez makes history as he equals Mexico goalscoring record
- 09:42 Three charged with conspiracy to commit robbery in Nottinghamshire
- 09:42 Sports facility reopens after major refurbishment
- 09:42 Comic Relief end of night total REVEALED but Red Nose Day viewers...
- 09:41 Easter theatre fun for youngsters
- 09:41 Jeremy McConnell returns to Instagram as Ex on the Beach rumours...
- 09:41 Passionate performance by Japanese pianist
- 09:41 DR Congo unrest: Why have 10 mass graves been found in Kasai?
- 09:41 Town in top five for food hygiene improvements
- 09:41 Fernando Alonso admits McLaren might struggle to finish Australian...
- 09:41 What are Scotland's chances of qualifying for the 2018 World Cup? -...
- 09:41 7 Expert tips for cutting sugar the sensible way
- 09:41 South Lakes weather for Saturday March 25
- 09:41 Barrow's emergency services pay their respects as nation mourns...
- 09:41 Patrons back bid to buy and renovate Cumbrian poet's Millom home