Number of disruptive incidents involving air passengers up by almost a fifth
Some 10,854 cases were reported in 2015 compared to 9,316 during the previous year, according to a viation industry body IATA.
Alcohol or drug use was identified in a lmost one in four (23%) incidents and 11% featured physical aggression or damage to the aircraft.
Recent police statistics showed hundreds of passengers were arrested in the UK on suspicion of being drunk on a plane or at an airport in the last two years.
Figures obtained by the Press Association showed at least 442 people were held between March 2014 and March 2016.
Last month b udget airline Jet2.com banned the sale of... read more
- 15:01 Grieving relatives of the Tunisia attack to sue tour operator
- 15:01 Pancake Day 2017: How to make perfect pancakes from scratch
- 15:00 Recipe found in medieval mystic’s writings was probably for ‘drugges’
- 15:00 Alzheimer’s research - the grim truth: 20 years of work and still...
- 15:00 Years-long dream of European exchange ended in half an hour
- 15:00 Jonny Owen says Don't Take Me Home highlights the similarities...
- 14:59 Aaron Ramsey makes huge Arsene Wenger admission: Arsenal players...
- 14:59 Ferrari boss breaks media silence in staggering admission about...
- 14:59 F1 2017 driver helmets: Every new design ahead of the upcoming season
- 14:58 Championship final table predicted by computer: Who will make the...
- 14:58 Nelson filmmaker nominated for national awards
- 14:58 What does ‘free-range’ actually mean? It’s complicated
- 14:58 #IAMGRIMSBY Vote now for your favourite fish and chip shop!
- 14:57 #softcoup: the plot to oust Corbyn (that might not really exist)
- 14:57 First full vegan cafe moving to Birmingham city centre
- 14:57 Liam Payne and pregnant Cheryl celebrate first anniversary
- 14:57 David Walliams moves on from Nightly Show to star in Teletubbies
- 14:57 Birmingham City poll: Who is your favourite loan striker ever to...
- 14:57 The holiday destinations where prices have PLUMMETED
- 14:57 North Wales boxers to square up for Welsh light-heavyweight crown
- 14:56 Call the Midwife's ‘harrowing’ FGM storyline praised by NSPCC for...
- 14:56 Piers Morgan starts on J.K. Rowling AGAIN causing Richard Arnold to...
- 14:56 Concern growing for missing Hull man Clive Reynolds, 73, who needs...
- 14:56 Domino's sex couple Daniella Hirst and Craig Smith say 'we got...
- 14:54 Deal struck over BHS pension scheme
- 14:54 Brighton promotion would be bigger than Newcastle feat, says Hughton
- 14:54 Newcastle's three away games in a week will shape the Championship...
- 14:53 Cumbrian teen's an online hit
- 14:53 NHS cuts: Harrogate student with coeliac struggles to afford...
- 14:53 I don’t want you in my life if you busk on public transport