Number of children arrested in Lincolnshire falls by 71 per cent
0 Have your say Arrests of children in Lincolnshire have fallen by 71 per cent in the last four years.
The fall has come after a concerted effort by police and a successful campaign by the Howard League for Penal Reform to keep as many boys and girls as possible out of the criminal justice system.
Figures published by the charity today (Monday 10 October) reveal that, during 2015, Lincolnshire Police made 1,117 arrests of boys and girls aged 17 and under.
The statistics show that the force has made significant progress since 2011, when it made 1,911 child arrests.
Across England and Wales,... read more
- 03:52 Malaysia murder mystery breaks with North Korean assassin tradition
- 03:52 Malaysia says VX nerve agent was used in murder of Kim Jong Nam
- 03:52 Trump repeats call for US nuclear supremacy
- 03:50 Funding cuts to black police group a bid to silence critics - officers
- 03:42 Historic moment for Copeland as Conservative Trudy Harrison wins...
- 03:42 Guatemala army blocks Dutch boat offering abortions
- 03:31 University staff targeted with bogus pay rise scams
- 03:31 Samsung Electronics to strengthen controls for donations amid...
- 03:26 ‘A blatant racket’: Gangsta Granny stage company pulls shows at...
- 03:15 'Are we good? Yeah, we're good!': Tom Daley, 22, continues to put...
- 03:15 'She was very keen to get to know him': Ashley Roberts, 35, 'cosied...
- 03:15 'I wouldn't have been a good mom': Oprah Winfrey says she doesn't...
- 03:13 Conor McGregor is on his way out of the UFC - Tony Ferguson
- 03:12 High Tides - February 25 to March 4
- 03:11 University staff targeted with bogus pay rise scams
- 02:50 Japanese stocks pare losses, heads for modest weekly gains
- 02:49 Leila De Lima: Top Duterte critic arrested on drug charge
- 02:49 Trump adviser hails 'new political order'
- 02:49 Olathe shooting: Murder charge after Indian man killed in bar
- 02:47 Toxic nerve agent VX was used to murder North Korean leader's half...
- 02:32 Samsung Electronics to strengthen controls for donations amid...
- 02:32 ‘A blatant racket’: Gangsta Granny stage company pulls shows at...
- 02:14 Baidu's quarterly revenue falls 2.6 percent
- 02:14 Alphabet's self-driving car unit sues Uber with trade theft charge
- 02:07 EFL Q&A: Joby McAnuff on winning promotion, watching John Barnes...
- 02:07 Cody Gribble and Wesley Bryan take lead at Honda Classic in Palm...
- 01:45 Emmerdale fans set up social media campaign to free Aaron Dingle...
- 01:41 Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes Lake Tanganyika area - USGS
- 01:35 #FlyDSA: “My house to Paris in just three hours - I was amazed!”
- 01:33 Pressure from parents seeing children misdiagnosed with special needs