Number of children arrested in Lincolnshire falls by 71 per cent
0 Have your say Arrests of children in Lincolnshire have fallen by 71 per cent in the last four years.
The fall has come after a concerted effort by police and a successful campaign by the Howard League for Penal Reform to keep as many boys and girls as possible out of the criminal justice system.
Figures published by the charity today (Monday 10 October) reveal that, during 2015, Lincolnshire Police made 1,117 arrests of boys and girls aged 17 and under.
The statistics show that the force has made significant progress since 2011, when it made 1,911 child arrests.
Across England and Wales,... read more
- 10:02 Steve Bruce: Aston Villa must erase Wolves defeat; Fulham are a...
- 10:02 Mary Berry, Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins reunite for Christmas show
- 10:02 Birmingham pub bombings: Judicial review in fight to name alleged...
- 10:02 OPINION: ‘Nottingham prison deaths are tragedies. We should care...
- 10:01 Families’ gifts are the new benchmark of love for Moulton Chapel’s...
- 10:01 Trader to be sentenced for selling Kodi TV boxes in North Yorkshire
- 10:01 Russia tells Trump: Take back nuclear weapons and STOP World War 3...
- 10:01 Approval for affordable homes for single people and couples in Peak...
- 10:01 South Yorkshire trio in court over burglary and vehicle theft
- 10:01 Czech election: Billionaire Andrej Babis poised to win
- 10:00 Where is Storm Brian and where in the UK will it hit? Mammoth waves...
- 10:00 Cheryl says she 'hated' being pregnant but baby Bear has given her...
- 09:59 Pupils get a lesson in what life is like behind bars
- 09:59 Travellers ‘not linked’ to rise in Brid burglaries
- 09:58 Nazi gets punched (and hugged) at white supremacist event
- 09:57 Earth: One Amazing Day, I Am Not A Witch and Jungle review: Which...
- 09:57 Albion REVIEW: Doctor Foster writer Mike Bartlett's magnificent new...
- 09:57 CCTV catches car vandal red-handed
- 09:56 The next hot health trend may be breast milk for grownups
- 09:56 Mumsnet suggests that saying you hate children is the same as...
- 09:56 Rio Ferdinand reveals the heartbreaking question he would have...
- 09:56 Warwick man’s livelihood put on hold by van fire
- 09:55 Parents are banned from shouting on the touchline in new football...
- 09:55 Calling all budding newshounds!
- 09:55 Storm Brian officially named as 'weather bomb' heads for North Wales
- 09:55 Trader to be sentenced for selling Kodi TV boxes in North Yorkshire
- 09:54 Javier Hernandez expected to be fit for West Ham’s clash with Brighton
- 09:54 Could Sephora's first UK store be coming to Nottingham?
- 09:54 Making a big difference to streets
- 09:54 South Yorkshire trio in court over burglary and vehicle theft