NSPCC sees 127 per cent increase in North Lincolnshire cases referred to council and police
THE NSPCC Helpline has seen a 127 per cent increase in the number of cases serious enough to be referred to the council and police amid rising reports of neglect and physical abuse.
New figures from the free 24-hour helpline showed 109 contacts were passed on in 2015/16 compared with 48 four years previously. Referrals relating to children who have experienced neglect and emotional abuse rose from 19 and seven in 2012/13 to 55 and 15 last year.
The concerns raised by members of the public who contacted the helpline, ranged from those worried about young people who were victims of sexual... read more
- 10:02 Tragic Leeds teen’s dad had raised concerns about road safety
- 10:02 YEP Says: More arts money for Leeds is such welcome news
- 10:02 Iran says will act on U.S. court ruling on Trump's travel ban
- 10:01 Boy bullied so bad that when he was sick he ate it out of fear
- 10:00 Heather Watson wants you to know that no one looks hot doing sports...
- 10:00 6 ways you can get over a cheating ex
- 10:00 German G20 police sent home for partying in Hamburg barracks
- 09:59 Candidates set to stand in Whissendine and Ketton by-elections...
- 09:59 Oil stocks, Hargreaves Lansdown drag FTSE 100 to two-week low
- 09:59 Police Scotland launch campaign to tackle violence
- 09:59 Katy Perry opens up about her mental health and reveals what...
- 09:59 Halle Berry deems her 2002 Oscar win ‘worthless’ following lack of...
- 09:58 Families of Hillsborough victims to learn if anyone will face charges
- 09:58 Cadbury owner Mondelez hit by Petya ransomware cyberattack
- 09:58 Johnny Galecki: Big Bang Theory star's house burns down
- 09:57 Inspired pupil scoops top Burnley College award
- 09:57 Three Lincolnshire men jailed over shooting at house occupied by...
- 09:57 ‘He hit the off switch’ MMA fighter shuts rival down instantly with...
- 09:57 Families wait for CPS’s decision on Hillsborough charges
- 09:57 Torino boss Sinisa Mihajlovic targets Chelsea ace Nathaniel Chalobah
- 09:57 Yields key to production levels as potato acreage rises
- 09:56 Tech stocks sour, sending European shares to two-month low
- 09:55 Appeal for donations to help the homeless in Corby
- 09:55 Police name victim of A605 crash
- 09:55 Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder reckons John Brayford could...
- 09:54 Holiday nightmare as Edinburgh airport is plunged into darkness...
- 09:54 End of an era for airfield clubs and businesses
- 09:53 Paris Hilton flaunts her fab frame in sheer dress... before showing...
- 09:53 Gigi Hadid resembles a real-life Barbie doll in pink leather jacket...
- 09:53 Geordie Shore star Sophie Kasaei flaunts her curvaceous physique in...