NS&I Isa becomes a top payer at 1% as building societies withdraw their best deals
Building societies are withdrawing top-paying accounts at an alarming rate, says data analyst Moneyfacts.
Instead of reducing rates by minuscule amounts, they are removing their best deals from sale. The latest to disappear is the Hinckley & Rugby notice account which paid 1.2 per cent.
Charlotte Nelson, of Moneyfacts, says: 'The continuing fall in rates sees many providers — particularly smaller building societies — creep up the best-buy tables. Savers sensing a good deal flock to these new rates.
'Since these smaller providers are unable to cope with the influx in demand, they have no... read more
- 00:58 Kieran Powell recalled by West Indies after three-year hiatus ahead...
- 00:58 LaRoche Posay, Ole Henriksen and Origins: The best skin protecting...
- 00:54 MOTOR NEWS: UK is the second most CONGESTED country in the world
- 00:52 Islamic State linked group expands foothold in southern Syria near...
- 00:47 Atletico Madrid hoping to welcome back Jan Oblak to starting XI as...
- 00:46 Brazil's wheelchair tourism guru
- 00:37 EastEnders spoilers: Collapse horror ahead for Ian Beale
- 00:37 Long-winded speech an ‘early warning sign’ for Alzheimer’s
- 00:37 David Cassidy slurs his words, forgets lyrics, hits self with mic...
- 00:37 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Tuesday
- 00:36 Two arrested as Barrow police take proactive stance on community...
- 00:36 Roads to close for Barrow Island regeneration work
- 00:36 Long-winded speech could be early sign of Alzheimer's, says study
- 00:36 New voice for disabled consumers
- 00:36 MPs attack ministers' lack of action on gender pay gap
- 00:34 A610 roundabout is Nottingham's jams hotspot of the year
- 00:33 Grandparents 'saving working families billions in childcare costs'
- 00:33 City news: UK production, RBS, Bruce Carnegie-Brown and Interserve
- 00:33 Shares drop at battered Bovis Homes
- 00:31 Dan Carter loses sponsorship contract with Land Rover after failing...
- 00:27 New £4.5m Home Bargains superstore opening in Morecambe
- 00:24 Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren a doubt for Leicester trip as he...
- 00:24 Fabio Quagliarella ends six-year silence on Napoli exit after...
- 00:24 How drug development is speeding up in the cloud
- 00:24 New future for historic Leeds city centre building
- 00:24 Leeds council tax bills to go up by £70... but social housing rents...
- 00:23 Tom Hanks got wife Rita Wilson through breast cancer ordeal by...
- 00:22 Extremely British Muslims reveals secrets of the Birmingham mosque...
- 00:16 Album reviews with Will Stone
- 00:16 ‘I’ll never stop being a foot soldier of this music’